cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC. settings go default after sleep, 5820k and x99 gaming

Silvere
Level 7
Overclock settings doesn't stay after resuming from sleep.

Need to restart and then its all fine before going sleep again. Tried to disable c states, stepup thingy and both. Disabled hybrid sleep and tried performance mode under windows. It just doesn't stay and yes I know, some say you can forget sleep when overclocking but for me sleep is a must. I don't think that's unstable because even tiny overclock doesn't stay

No difference when changing basic oc settings, auto, offset, manual, adaptive all same. xmp on/off and haven't touched cache and some advanced oc/voltages tho but still.

Intel i7-5820k
Asus rog strix x99 gaming 2101
Hyperx ddr4 2666
Msi GeForce 1060 6gb
6 REPLIES 6

Silvere
Level 7
Unbelievable 😀

Im not sure 100% yet but looks like it was failed xtu watchdog driver install.

I have messed with it two days. Installed new os at weekend when i swapped back my old motherboard. Xtu gave me warning that watchdog doesn't work but i did overclock in uefi and though that isn't relevant for me. Just used it for testing and it wasn't even running when it happened.

Reinstalling xtu fixed it

Checked it in the morning and all oc settings were fine.

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Best to make all oc edits in bios.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow, really? And what i did?

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Why do you even install Intel extreme tuning utility then ?
Pretty much why I said what I said 😉

I stay away from utilities that can edit bios all they do is open holes that are better left unopened.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Stress test and graph on same window. Smilar to Aida but i like intel one more. Yes you are right about this bios thing, aisuite can mess up things really good 😄