cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GS-100 USB speaker unboxing - USB powered, notebook speaker upgrade

X-ROG
Level 15
The product marketing lass for the multimedia dept. dropped these off cause she thought you lot might be interested in the option of a USB speaker upgrade. Maybe not for G series, but they will work with any Windows notebook (XP onwards iirc).

Basically the MS-100s run off the 500mA USB bus PLUS they also have a built in sound codec so even if you're upgrading a craptacular old notebook they'll still give decent sound. The cones contain 40mm single drivers, which are enough for other departments at the other end of the floor to complain about us 'testing' them in the evenings.

They aren't going to replace a good set of desk speakers, but the idea is they're portable enough to take them places and you don't need a plug socket.

I will point out the USB cable does come better packed - they've been played with already -
so, yes, yes I'm 'faking' an unboxing 😛

3 REPLIES 3

PILGRIM
Level 11
MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
...Maybe not for G series, but they will work with any Windows notebook (XP onwards iirc).

I like the looks of those speakers. But not for the G-series??..
How about sound performance, any more details? Is it already out in the market?
ASUS G74SX-3DE

PILGRIM wrote:
I like the looks of those speakers. But not for the G-series??..
How about sound performance, any more details? Is it already out in the market?

Marshall was trying to say that G-series users don't need such a thing due to a better sound quality on those laptops.
Your lack of skills it's just depressing!

Dominus wrote:
Marshall was trying to say that G-series users don't need such a thing due to a better sound quality on those laptops.

😄 That explains it.
ASUS G74SX-3DE