cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very annoying problem with GL553VD, screen colors turn bluish randomly

TitanGuard
Level 7
I have a weird problem with my GL553VD. Every once in a while (occurs at random times), the laptop screen colors turn bluish. It also happens when I plug/unplug a USB, when I open/close bluetooth, when I open certain programs.. etc. Or it just happens randomly.

The only solution I have found is to open the Asus Splendid app, then click on "Normal" button (even if it's already selected), and it returns back to normal colors.

I recently discovered that every time I open a game, the bluish screen thing happens, making the game colors look bad.

I tried uninstalling the Asus Splendid app, but that didn't help.
3 REPLIES 3

TitanGuard
Level 7
Bump

Bump x2

Simon942
Level 7
TitanGuard wrote:
I have a weird problem with my GL553VD. Every once in a while (occurs at random times), the laptop screen colors turn bluish. It also happens when I plug/unplug a USB, when I open/close bluetooth, when I open certain programs.. etc. Or it just happens randomly.

The only solution I have found is to open the Asus Splendid app, then click on "Normal" button (even if it's already selected), and it returns back to normal colors.

I recently discovered that every time I open a game, the bluish screen thing happens, making the game colors look bad.

I tried uninstalling the Asus Splendid app, but that didn't help.

Try using DDU (https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html) to remove your GPU's drivers and after that download the newest from Nvidia / Intel.
Also try to completely remove Asus Splendid with Revo Uninstaller.

You could also try to update your BIOS?