cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI Extreme Omega Microphone Issues / Realtek Drivers, etc

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Is anyone else unable to disable their microphone? Doing so simply does not work--either using Device Manager disable or disable in "Sound."

Also, is it just me or does the microphone input from the front panel simply not work?

Third, why is the microphone labelled "pink" in device manager when it is in reality red?

Lastly, and kind of on an aside, in Device Manager under "Audio inputs and outputs"--the following: "Realtek (R) Audio," and is it only me? But in none of the documentation is there anything about drivers or the model number etc. of this Realtek component, and how to verify if the driver installed is the correct one and up to date--aside from what Windows finds/relates (and always with the caveat to the effect that you need to check yourself at the Realtek website).
7 REPLIES 7

G75rog
Level 10
My Apex is Pink as are the connecting audio plugs.
The Realtek model is listed in your User Manual.
As to why your front panel is inop I haven't a clue.

G75rog wrote:

The Realtek model is listed in your User Manual.

I've combed through the specs five times, and looked every logical place (in the manual on every page repeatedly and on the Asus website) for info about the Realtek hardware and must be blind, because I can't see anything about the audio, except ESS Sabre9018Q2C (which is not Realtek--I've been to that website repeatedly), and have been to the Asus support page repeatedly but I'm just drawing straws. Hence, the mention in the post.

Here is the audio spec information:

Audio
ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
- High quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input
- SupremeFX Shielding Technology
- ESS®SABRE9018Q2C DAC/AMP
- Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback *3
Audio Feature :
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
- LED-illuminated design - Brighten up your build with the gorgeous illuminated audio trace path.
- Sonic Radar III
- Sonic Studio III + Sonic Studio Link

G75rog wrote:

As to why your front panel is inop I haven't a clue.

I've built computers before, and with Asus motherboards, and wired up everything as I've done with previous builds. Hence, and along with other problems associated with the functionality issues, I am wondering if there is a driver issue at the core of the problems. That's why I was wondering if others with this motherboard have worked through the obvious issues and may have knowledge, at the very least, about the Realtek hardware on the board.

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Front panel of your case connection is what you're having issues with or back panel or both ?

Red/ Pink well that could be a color profile issue with the monitor maybe see if going to color management and all profiles and switch to sRGB on the monitor.

Been some issues on 1903 as far as sound goes switching to MS standard sometimes fixes that with headphones...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThrashZone wrote:
Hi,
Front panel of your case connection is what you're having issues with or back panel or both ?

Red/ Pink well that could be a color profile issue with the monitor maybe see if going to color management and all profiles and switch to sRGB on the monitor.

Been some issues on 1903 as far as sound goes switching to MS standard sometimes fixes that with headphones...

Thanks for the post. The main issue is with the front panel connection (microphone input) which has zero functionality no matter what you do in Windows 1903. The rear panel has some functionality, but you can't disable it in Windows. Disabling it is necessary because any cable connected to the jack with or without a microphone connected to that cable (the rear one) causes an annoying buzzing coming from the speakers (a whole other issue [yes, omg]). This means every time you want to connect a microphone you have to reach to the back of the rig and possibly navigate through a mess of cables. And if the area is poorly lit and in a hard to reach place--well, you get the gist).

Actually, in response to these issues (and all the related fun) I am going to use a USB connected microphone instead. But that doesn't change the clump of related issues except to sidestep them (Microsoft/Asus zero, Apple one).

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
There a darn good reason I hang onto win-7 and probably well past eol and i only buy boards with win-7 drivers 😄

https://wccftech.com/how-to/how-to-fix-windows-10-audio-issues-brought-in-by-latest-patch/

https://www.windowslatest.com/2019/09/12/windows-10-kb4515384-audio-issues/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThrashZone wrote:
Hi,
There a darn good reason I hang onto win-7 and probably well past eol and i only buy boards with win-7 drivers 😄

https://wccftech.com/how-to/how-to-fix-windows-10-audio-issues-brought-in-by-latest-patch/

https://www.windowslatest.com/2019/09/12/windows-10-kb4515384-audio-issues/

Content with Windows 7, huh? I've used that. I still have a rig I built in 2011. The thing has a Rampage III Black Edition motherboard in it. I had heaps of problems with Windows 7 with that thing and it took forever to start up. I had to allow five or ten minutes and not touch it after start up or it would be super slow or crash, or what have you. Updates were a thorough nightmare and would fail to install repeatedly. I have no idea why that was, and was so busy back then, I didn't care, as long as the computer generally worked. It now runs Windows 10 virtually without a single glitch. In fact it runs so well, I still use it regularly and have even upgraded some components--memory, video cards, and an AIO cooler--a Ryo 240. Go figure, huh? The new rig seems to always have issues with it, but the old one works like a charm with it.

Anyhow, nice chatting. Computers sure are finicky things sometimes. 😄