cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Asus Aura Terminals Will I Need...?

darrenlysenko
Level 7
Hi all,

I'm currently running a TUF X299 Mark 2 (no RGB header on the board) with a couple of 28" monitors.

I was looking at getting the Aura Terminal to control the LEDs in my Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass case and also wanted to utilize the Halo system on both my monitors.

Looking at the online manual for the Terminal though, am I right in thinking that to use Halo fully, I would need four *separately connected* LED strips to go round the back of each monitor?

If so, given that the Terminal only has four headers, does that mean I'd need three, one for each monitor and then a third to connect the case LEDs to?

Seems a bit excessive, so I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks for any advice!

Darren.
1 REPLY 1

Elkmar
Level 8
darrenlysenko, I have 2 aura terminals (first for monitor and second for case) and it hurts, if you want to sync case LEDs with MB and use HALO for monitor: asus aura doesn't provide independent control for different terminals (also HALO doesn't give an opportunity to use 2 terminals for one monitor). I hope asus change this soon, because it's annoying (even them aura SDK see two separate devices so, I think, it's not impossible).

And if you want to use HALO for each monitor, you must have separate terminal for each monitor.
English is not my native language, so I'm sorry if I make some mistakes.