cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What about third party software after reinstalling windows?

Rafael__bitacov
Level 7
Hi. I have a Laptop Asus ROG GL552vw, and I think I need a clean reinstall of windows (it came with windows 7 and was upgraded to 10).
f9 does not work because recovery partition is empty. The support of ASUS suggest me to download the windows 10 tool from Microsoft and the activation key (they gave me the links). Now my question is, what happen with third party software like NVIDIA graphic drivers, Intel graphic Drivers, Asus software that this laptop has?
Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

UltraNEO_
Level 11
Rafael (bitacovir) wrote:
Hi. I have a Laptop Asus ROG GL552vw, and I think I need a clean reinstall of windows (it came with windows 7 and was upgraded to 10).
f9 does not work because recovery partition is empty. The support of ASUS suggest me to download the windows 10 tool from Microsoft and the activation key (they gave me the links). Now my question is, what happen with third party software like NVIDIA graphic drivers, Intel graphic Drivers, Asus software that this laptop has?
Thanks.

Windows 10 has built-in drivers for pretty much everything, with the exception of custom hardware and the very latest releases. In those circumstances, you simply download them relevant sites and manually install them; otherwise, you should be good to go without doing anything.
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV