cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gene MB issues, please help

Jam31337
Level 7
I've changed the MB to Asus ROG Maximus XI Gene for my build and there are some issues:
1. The fan controller software isn't changing the speeds of the fans.
All fans are Noctua, each MB connector has two fans attached via splitter and each fan's speed is limited by half with a resistor that's Noctua providing out of the box for 4pin connector fans of theirs.
The same fans were connected to previous Gigabyte MB and there were no issues controlling the speeds.

2. The software is looking strange, maybe the system has to be reinstalled so everything will be fine, but still the UI is missing or not working for some Asus apps. For example memtweak just appears as a disclamer with apply and ok buttons. Asus AI software misses some features that are seen on screenshots over the internet. Asus software update says there are 5 apps to update but the list is empty. Asus armoury crate displays old bios versions, however I've updated my bios to latest version via asus support website.

3. The RAM is 4000Mhz but won't work on frequencies higher than 3600Mhz but this may be the reason of the RAM modules to be low quality and this isn't an Asus MB issue. However I'm able to start the PC @4000Mhz, but launching RAM consuming games halts the system.

Please help to resolve the following:
1. Solution to fan speed regulating
2. Is there a list of numbered software and drivers installation, where dependencies are considered
3. RAM OC guide for achieveing 4000Mhz+ results?

Rig config:
CPU - Core i9-9900K
CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-D15
PSU - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W Gold RGB Sync
GPU - Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR5X
RAM - HyperX Predator RGB 8GB DDR4 PC4-32000 HX440C19PB3A/8x2
CASE - Thermaltake Core X2 (CA-1D7-00C1WN-00)
CASE FANS - Noctua 200mm-3x, Noctua 160mm-2x
1 REPLY 1

Jam31337
Level 7
And another major issue:
I'm using Samsung C32HG70QQI [LC32HG70QQIX] as a display and when I connect via DisplayPort the BIOS isn't accessible, only via HDMI