cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GU501GM New SSD Upgrade

Jasper2700
Level 7
So I put in a new 500gb 970 evo ssd in my GU501GM laptop and used a flash drive to redownload windows onto it since the old 128gb ssd had the OS on it. Now everything is white and icons are different. The mute button doesn't work at the top, can't press gaming center button either, and some others. How would I go about fixing that? I also went into settings and updating everything and still no fix.
2 REPLIES 2

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Jasper2700 wrote:
So I put in a new 500gb 970 evo ssd in my GU501GM laptop and used a flash drive to redownload windows onto it since the old 128gb ssd had the OS on it. Now everything is white and icons are different. The mute button doesn't work at the top, can't press gaming center button either, and some others. How would I go about fixing that? I also went into settings and updating everything and still no fix.

Welcome to the forums!

If you have not erased the original folder and see the eSupport/eDriver folder as mentioned in the thread below, you may want to copy it and run the AsInsWiz (ASUS Install Wizard) to see if it will install anything you are missing.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?107964-Make-a-copy-of-your-eSupport-Folder-before-formatin...

Apologize that I cannot tell you exactly what you are missing, but you may also want to check the ASUS download site for your model to install the files you are missing if you don't have a way to get a copy of the eSupport/eDriver folder.

This may take some work and maybe some money as well, but if you can find the right cloning software and tools, you may be able to transfer the original Windows image from your old hard drive if it has not been erased.
I've seen some SSD manufacturers sell or bundle some cloning packages before if you want to look into that too.

cl-Albert wrote:
Welcome to the forums!

If you have not erased the original folder and see the eSupport/eDriver folder as mentioned in the thread below, you may want to copy it and run the AsInsWiz (ASUS Install Wizard) to see if it will install anything you are missing.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?107964-Make-a-copy-of-your-eSupport-Folder-before-formatin...

Apologize that I cannot tell you exactly what you are missing, but you may also want to check the ASUS download site for your model to install the files you are missing if you don't have a way to get a copy of the eSupport/eDriver folder.

This may take some work and maybe some money as well, but if you can find the right cloning software and tools, you may be able to transfer the original Windows image from your old hard drive if it has not been erased.
I've seen some SSD manufacturers sell or bundle some cloning packages before if you want to look into that too.

Thanks so much. I didn't know about the esupport folder until now. I did actually go to the asus download site for drivers and got everything working. Still think i'm missing some important stuff tho.