Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS-XB72K OC keyboard not working in windows. but working in BIOS

Cynicusme
Level 7
First, thanks in advance for any help.

Problem:

My laptop integrated keyboard stopped working a while ago.
It works when accessing BIOS.
Macro keys work as well.
Touchpad works.

Troubleshooting I have tried:
Going back to factory settings. (didn't work)
Go to device manager, uninstall keyboard, and restart to let windows update drivers back again. I am getting a yellow triangle next to the asus device. other device is my external keyboard. (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqPMSztXftiZ8EbNjl5x74d2oBio?e=ClhTua
Reinstall Asus ATK to Version V1.0.0050 2016/10/17

I hit a wall in troubleshooting solutions, not sure what else to try. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Dan
7 REPLIES 7

jdfrench3
Level 12
The ATK driver you are using is 32bit, try the 64bit version:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps_for_Win10/ATKPackage/ATKPackage_Win10_64_VER100060.zip (2018/02/11)

What error are you seeing with the yellow triangle icon?
(device manager/keyboards/PC-AT Enhanced PS2 Keyboard (101-102-key)/properties/device status)
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

This is the details of the error message I am getting:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqPMSztXftiZ8Rtbu51HV5S3XTnN?e=z5TAmI

I tried installing it the 64 version with no success.

Have you tried uninstalling every keyboard device (at the same time) and then "Scan for Hardware Changes"?

It looks like you have some serious registry corruption and perhaps the easiest way to fix it would be to perform a Windows recovery. Details can be found in your Users Manual (page 82). This procedure will work if you haven't formatted or replace your OS drive completely This allows recovery of Windows using the OEM Recovery Partition.

As always, keep a copy of your important data and the eSupport folder safe.
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Have you tried uninstalling every keyboard device (at the same time) and then "Scan for Hardware Changes"?

This procedure will work if you haven't formatted or replace your OS drive completely This allows recovery of Windows using the OEM Recovery Partition.

Dang it. I formatted my laptop yesterday, I did the clean format that removes everything for all drives thinking that my fix the issue. Any other solution? Thank again for your assistance.

So your keyboard is working properly now?
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
So your keyboard is working properly now?

Resetting does not fix the problem. issue persist and now I am truly clueless as to what to do next.

Remove all USB devices attached to the laptop. Reboot (you will have to reattach your external keyboard to login to Windows, but remove the external keyboard after you have logged in). Allow the laptop to load Windows completely. Using your touchpad, enter your Device Manager, uninstall all your keyboard devices, then scan for hardware changes. What does your Device Manager identify for keyboards now?

The first picture shows all the keyboard devices removed and all USB devices detached.

The second picture shows the internal keyboard detected. Note the ASUS Number Pad error (like yours). Right click on ASUS Number Pad icon, select properties, select Driver Tab, select Update Driver, Browse my computer for driver software, Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer, select the second listed driver (the first listed HID Keyboard Device), then NEXT. The result should be that Windows successfully installed your driver, then CLOSE.

Reboot your laptop again (you will have to reattach your external keyboard to login to Windows, but remove the external keyboard after you have logged in). Allow the laptop to load Windows completely. Using your touchpad, enter your Device Manager. What does your Device Manager identify for keyboards now?

If after all that the PC/AT keyboard isn't showing up, then I think you have a bad keyboard controller on the motherboard.
Homebuilt Windows Server