Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Maximus XI Extreme Rev 1.02 BIOS: 1105 issues

Loadlineac
Level 8
Hi,

Hardware:
Board: ROG Maximus XI Extreme Rev 1.02 BIOS: 1105
RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200 DIMM CL14 Dual Kit (F4-3200C14D-16GTZR)

3 pictures:

I do not know if it's BIOS Bug, or if it's overclocking.

So if I set the "CPU VCCIO Voltage" and "CPU System Agent Voltage" to a fixed value, then the board shuts down twice, then it starts normally and sets automatically: VCCIO = 1.35000. VCCSA = 1.35000. DRAM Voltage = 1.4000.

But if now: VCCIO = Auto and VCCSA = Auto is set, everything runs smoothly again!

The i9 9900k runs Prime95 / Game stable with VCCIO = 1.136V and VCCSA = 1.072V, stable at 3200Mhz. ((Samsung B-Die dual ranked))
I've tightened the timings to 13T-13T-13T-31T-320T-2T and needed a DRAM voltage of 1,500V to stay stable.

I think that's just one of the latest BIOS versions.

Can someone test it?

Thanks for the answers.
12 REPLIES 12

Loadlineac
Level 8
One more thing,

If I increase the PC case airflow, then the board will not turn off. If the fans are running quietly and slowly, the board switches off again.

All this makes no sense. It can not be a temperature problem, the VRMs are under load at 40 - 50 ° C. But since that happens at the POST should - can be a BIOS bug!

Sensor data:

cniedzi
Level 8
The 1st post. There is a memory OC issue (today any XMP is OC). If BIOS find any problems during memory training performed during POST sets these voltages itself (in most cases to high). This issue may vary from Bios version to version. For example in my rig with Bios 0602 there is no problem, but with 1302 (and many others) I get MemOk warning during POST. Try to manually set Vram to 1.36V or around.

The 2nd post. Strange, but it may be related to voltage controller on MB. In my case, when I had all case fans connected to case controller, there weren't MemOK! during post, but when I connected them directly to MB, I've started to get MemOk! issues...

cniedzi wrote:
The 2nd post. Strange, but it may be related to voltage controller on MB. In my case, when I had all case fans connected to case controller, there weren't MemOK! during post, but when I connected them directly to MB, I've started to get MemOk! issues...

In my setup, all chassis fans are connected to a fan expansion card, from which only the 4 pin PWM cable goes to the "CHA_FAN2" connector of the board. So only "CHA_FAN2" on board is occupied, nothing else. And that only because of the speedometer signal.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
interesting. I install my codexi last bios, like .... 2weeks now. I do not have the issue with the XMP. BUT! i did feal odd that my fans are not ramping as it should. Temps are in check and fans are spinning. I remember that fans where more notice.

It is my understanding that asus will push a new bios and chipset soon for ours. No idea when. But OEM driver has to be updated
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
i did feal odd that my fans are not ramping as it should.

Have you already run Qfan Tuning in the BIOS?

You can also set the profile to manual for the respective fan in the BIOS and adjust the entire profile.

Could solve the RAM problems. (Mem OK!)

1. BIOS flashed to 1302
2. "Round Trip Latency" = Enabled
3. "Rank Margin Tool" = Enabled
4. "Trace Centering" = Enabled
5. "Dram Current Capability" = 130%
6. "DRAM Voltage" = 1.450V
7. "DRAM Frequency" = DDR4-3600MHz
8. Timings on Maximus Tweak = AUTO, 15-15-28-2N, the rest on AUTO
9. "Skew Control" and "RTL IOL Control" all on AUTO

The IMC goes down at more than 3600MHz and dual ranked, or it is due to the RAM modules. (A not so good Samsung B-kit)

Loadlineac wrote:
Could solve the RAM problems. (Mem OK!)

1. BIOS flashed to 1302
2. "Round Trip Latency" = Enabled
3. "Rank Margin Tool" = Enabled
4. "Trace Centering" = Enabled
5. "Dram Current Capability" = 130%
6. "DRAM Voltage" = 1.450V
7. "DRAM Frequency" = DDR4-3600MHz
8. Timings on Maximus Tweak = AUTO, 15-15-28-2N, the rest on AUTO
9. "Skew Control" and "RTL IOL Control" all on AUTO

The IMC goes down at more than 3600MHz and dual ranked, or it is due to the RAM modules. (A not so good Samsung B-kit)

Hi,

where did you get these settings from?

PS. I think 1.45V is far too much for 3600MHz...

cniedzi wrote:

where did you get these settings from?

From myself and I-Net.

cniedzi wrote:

PS. I think 1.45V is far too much for 3600MHz...

Still being tested ...

Loadlineac wrote:
From myself and I-Net.

Still being tested ...

Target for 3600MHz should be 1.35V...