cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Crosshair VIII Hero bios

Asus_Hero
Level 7
I have Asus Crosshair VIII Hero with AMD 3900X with 4 RAM Sticks 8 Gb each at 4000Mhz.
The Crucial memory is QVL.
I am running at 4.5 stable for gaming.
I installed the new bios 1001, when rig reboots it goes to press F1 for setup.
Seems like my XMP settings aren't stable anymore due to the new bios update.
When I put extreme tweaker settings on auto, I see the memory running at 2666 Mhz.
I had to rollback bios uodate.
Anyone have the similar problem with this 1001 bios update ?
Or a fix ?
7 REPLIES 7

rainspit
Level 7
My crosshair rog viii wifi went haywire after the update. I kept dropping from my game. If I tried transferring files the system would stutter so bad the mouse would skip all over the screen. If I tried to restart it took 10 min. I thought I had hardware failures. I reinstalled windows fresh and thought I had it. But the issues came back. I decided to go back to the previous bios. Played my game for hours, transfered files and restarted. All issues gone.

Hi, first post here 🙂 and also a owner of the CH VIII (wifi).

It's weird you mention wi-fi issues. I'm having ethernet network issues, i'm not sure about the exact moment but it was around the time i updated the bios... My Wi-fi is ok but both Realtek 2.5G and Intel 1G LAN aren't working (it was working before). Windows 10 keep saying in both "unidentified network" "no internet access". Already tried the same cable in a notebook and it's working, i even got a pci-e network adapter to get a wired connection (working fine). Tried reinstalling W10, back to previous bios, no effect. Any of you guys or somebody reading this have seen this problem before?

I'll probably create a new thread giving all details.

Thanks in advance!

I haven't updated Bios yet.

but heres a few questions to add 🙂
My BIOS is currently 0803

• i tried using the AI suite to update it but it errors out for me "The Model of the BIOS image doesn't match the BIOS ROM currently present"

• Current BIOS is 0803, the AGESA ABBA release BIOS was released Version 1001 2019/09/12 ; but there is also Version 0901 2019/09/20 - question is why is the lower version number more recent?

• one of my chassis fan headers on the MB is not reporting RPM.

• in BIOS i used teh "EZ overclock" settings to see what the MB would do and after it overclocked my CPU and RAM none of my SATA devices were detectable - so i reverted assuming this was a BIOS Issue

• troubleshooting some of this stuff i am not sure if i need to be tweaking settings beyond letting the MB detect automatically, but I have not been able to find a decent BIOS Manual

I was going to update BIOS via a USB stick but i'm going to wait and see where this thread goes 🙂

Captain Lou wrote:
I haven't updated Bios yet.

but heres a few questions to add 🙂
My BIOS is currently 0803

• i tried using the AI suite to update it but it errors out for me "The Model of the BIOS image doesn't match the BIOS ROM currently present"

• Current BIOS is 0803, the AGESA ABBA release BIOS was released Version 1001 2019/09/12 ; but there is also Version 0901 2019/09/20 - question is why is the lower version number more recent?

• one of my chassis fan headers on the MB is not reporting RPM.

• in BIOS i used teh "EZ overclock" settings to see what the MB would do and after it overclocked my CPU and RAM none of my SATA devices were detectable - so i reverted assuming this was a BIOS Issue

• troubleshooting some of this stuff i am not sure if i need to be tweaking settings beyond letting the MB detect automatically, but I have not been able to find a decent BIOS Manual

I was going to update BIOS via a USB stick but i'm going to wait and see where this thread goes 🙂

1) That because you need the current bios. 1001
2) It was mistake that asus corrected recently 1001 is the current bios.
3) you dont identify the fan header, there is ****load of them. I've not seen this issue.
4) I would not be using EZ overclock.
5) The motherboard come with a manual or download it from website, what is wrong with either of them, they seem to explain it well enough to me ?

i just got the board a couple days ago and i updated the bios to the most recent one and only issue i have is mouse sometimes does not work in bios other then that no issues knock on wood...LOL system is stable and i even overclocked my ram manually and its running fine also i must say i have a 2700x cpu on the board. so not sure if maybe its something with the ryzen 3000 cpu or not..

RedSector73
Level 12
I have the mouse does not work from time to time.... would not happen to be corsair ?

If so delay icue autoload by 30 seconds, this makes it 80% less often than whatever the current rate of mouse not working is.

Seen this issue on multiple boards types x370, x470 & x570.