New ROGer Array

ROG Strix 2060 Fan Failure

I purchased an ROG Strix 2060 six months ago, because everything I was reading said that the ROG line of cards was the best. It's been great for a while, but last night, I noticed that the fans were not running even when under load with temps >80 C. I tried everything to get them to turn on. I tried multiple GPU tweaking software to try to force the fans on, but no luck. They would only turn on momentarily following a system boot.

I contacted ASUS customer support about this, and they confirmed that I will need to RMA the card. Great, I thought. Let's get this thing fixed. When I asked how long that would take, they responded with "7-10 business days, plus shipping, diagnosis, and parts acquisition times..." Soooo, I'm unable to use my system for a month because the card broke less than six months after I purchased it. I asked if I could just trade it in for credit on a new card, and they said "sorry we don't do trade ins or advanced replacement of cards." It is completely unreasonable to expect a customer to be unable to use their computer for a month. When I had an MSI card fail on me, MSI sent me a new one before requesting the old one to be returned. I paid for it, and they refunded the money once they inspected the other card. THAT is great customer service. My system was only down for 3 days. ASUS customer service is abhorent, and this will be the last product I ever purchase from them.

New ROGer Array

This just got even better, if you send ASUS a failed product, YOU are responsible for paying for shipping, but they require you to not send it in the original packaging, unless it's a monitor where the warranty says you must send it in original packaging. This has to be the 2nd worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

New ROGer Array

24 hours after my product was delivered to the RMA center, and they haven't even confirmed receipt. My guess is that the "7-10" business day counter hasn't even started yet. Well here begins the documentation of how long this RMA actually takes.

We are on business day 4, calendar day 5 since the RMA was created. Item was shipped on Business 1, calendar 2, and delivered to the RMA center on business 3, calendar 4.

New ROGer Array

26 hours after tracking shows it was delivered, the RMA center has confirmed receipt and are in process of diagnosis. Receipt day lists today, which is wrong. Guess that's another business day lost.

New ROGer Array

Well Asus has surprised me today. They have already processed my order for return. Hopefully, that means it has actually been fixed, since they didn't provide details about what was wrong with it. If this all works out, it may restore my confidence in their support. A week turnaround isn't bad.