cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay, so got Aura Creator (mostly) working.

Polychrome
Level 8
It seems the only thing that was needed was the Armoury crate UWP app. The Armoury crate doesn't even have to *work*. With it installed, Aura Creator detected my motherboard (and thus all my fans/lights) and my keyboard.

The only things it is not picking up are my RAM sticks (which are gskill) and my video card (Asus Arez strix Vega 56, etc...) I'm assuming (hoping) support for these will be added later.

It's interesting, but without the RAM/Video card it feels kind of half-baked. Also I have to go back into Aura sync manually if I exit the Aura Creator app.
3 REPLIES 3

nobodytrue
Level 7
Polychrome wrote:
It seems the only thing that was needed was the Armoury crate UWP app. The Armoury crate doesn't even have to *work*. With it installed, Aura Creator detected my motherboard (and thus all my fans/lights) and my keyboard.

The only things it is not picking up are my RAM sticks (which are gskill) and my video card (Asus Arez strix Vega 56, etc...) I'm assuming (hoping) support for these will be added later.

It's interesting, but without the RAM/Video card it feels kind of half-baked. Also I have to go back into Aura sync manually if I exit the Aura Creator app.[/QUOTE

What keyboard do you have. Im running on crosshair hero viii. it seem my motherboard and qi mousemat. but not ram (again gskill) my flare keyboard. my Addressable strips, 12v strips., spotlight, strix vega64oc or pugio mouse.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Polychrome wrote:

It's interesting, but without the RAM/Video card it feels kind of half-baked. Also I have to go back into Aura sync manually if I exit the Aura Creator app.

Model of motherboard to check?
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Keyboard is a Strix Flare. Motherboard is Asus Prime X470 Pro. The case/processor fans are all controlled through the motherboard, so they work as well.

Edit to Add: Just tried the Aura Terminal. (The box that lets you do backlighting around your screen or add ADD strips.) It does not recognize it.

Adding again: Aura creator lighting is a bit weird as it's intended to create effects. If your motherboard controls the light strips and they don't seem to be lighting up, try starting with a layer of plain, ambient light, before adding effects on top.