Maximus Hero VIII

1T SSD 860 EVO boot
1T SSD 860 EVO
1T HD
1T HD
2T HD
3T HD
1250 Mb SSD

It really worth replace the 1 T boot disk with Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD (MZ-V7E1T0BW) NVMe M.2 V-NAND ?
If well understood in this case I am loosing two SSD slots so replacing the 250M + two 1T with 860 QVO SSD 2T may be a solution?
Please help me.
thank you!
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
I don't understand why you say you are losing slots but what you choose to replace your drives depends on what you are storing. NVMe drives make nice boot drives because they are very responsive. After that, I would store frequently played games on a NVMe or SATA SSD. Less played games, movies, music, documents, etc. can all be stored on regular HDD.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I don't understand why you say you are losing slots but what you choose to replace your drives depends on what you are storing. NVMe drives make nice boot drives because they are very responsive. After that, I would store frequently played games on a NVMe or SATA SSD. Less played games, movies, music, documents, etc. can all be stored on regular HDD.

Maybe he meant once m.2 slot populated he will lose two sata port. But yeah nvme really fast im using the samsung evo plus 500gb and really close to evo pro writing/reading.