New ROGer Array

Question Slow logging into Windows 10 at weird times [Help Requested]

My Specs
    ---
    Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming BIOS: 2201
    Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz
    Memory: 32 Gigs (4x G-Skill 8gig DDR4 2133MHz)

Hard Drives
    Samsung 850 Evo 250 Gig (OS Drive)
    Samsung 850 Evo 500 Gig
    Toshiba 5TB

GPU
    2x STRIX-GTX1080TI-OC 12Gigs

OS
    Win 10 latest
    ---

Hi Everyone, I'm having a really odd thing happening that I haven't seen before in all my years putting together my own systems. When I turn on my computer, I see it going through the BIOS start up screen, the little circle dots go, and then when it hits Windows Login, it's all good. I log in, everything is fine.

Here is where the strange stuff happens. When I'm done playing, I actually go into windows and shutdown my PC. A few days later, when I am ready to play I press the power button, it goes through the BIOS login, the little circle dots go, and then…. Nothing, black screen. If I let it sit there for a while, it eventually goes into Windows… BUT, really really really sloooooooooow. So slow that if I hit a button to log in, it takes ~5 minutes for the login window to enter my PIN show up. It never actually catches up and goes back to normal speed.

If I hit the reset button, sometimes it works like normal, goes to OS login, everything is fast. Sometimes I actually have to turn off the power supply in the back, wait a minute, then turn it on and start from a cold boot.

I am stumped. I've done the following;

Checked windows for errors, found none
    Updated BIOS thinking it was so old, didn't help
    Updated all drivers using the latest off ASUS's site, didn't help
    Reinstalled Windows from scratch
    Heck, I even have a fan pointed at the case thinking it was overheating… all signs point to normal

As I was writing this, I was in the BIOS for about 10 mins getting the data for my components. I went and clicked discard changes and restart. Guess what… it's taking forever to boot into Windows now. After the BIOS post, it was at black screen for about 5 mins, then it had a mouse cursor with a black background for about 5 mins… then, I'm guessing since I didn't touch anything for 10 mins, the monitor went out. Pressing a button on the keyboard wakes up the monitor but now I'm stuck looking for a black screen still the mouse actually comes up… so frustrating.

I read in a post of someone disabling the following service: DeviceAssociationService which I did and it didn't help the situation

I don't know what else to do, thanks everyone for reading the long post!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1SSD Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2SSHD Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad PECHAM MPad-XXL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 10 64 bit 1909/19H2/18363.x

Hi,

Which monitor do you use ?

Is it plugged by DisplayPort ? If so, did you make this NVIDIA update of your BIOS/UEFI GOP of your graphics cards : https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64 ?

Without the update, systems that are connected to a DisplayPort 1.3 / 1.4 monitor could experience blank screens on boot until the OS loads, or could experience a hang on boot.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

Which monitor do you use ?

Is it plugged by DisplayPort ? If so, did you make this NVIDIA update of your BIOS/UEFI GOP of your graphics cards : https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64 ?
    Interesting thanks, I am using HDMI and it's connected to a Samsung UHDTV (Through my Denon Receiver). Same thing happens if I take the receiver out of the equation.

New ROGer Array

Well, since I'm at a wall at this point I am still going to update that firmware... who knows, thanks