cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus gl703ge gpu fan help

ArcaneWizardMC
Level 7
Hello,
i've purchased the asus scar strix edition, gl703ge almost a year ago and I've had non stop problems with the fans. I am sick of it. i've sent in my laptop for "repairs" and I still have the same problem. the fans (used to be CPU now mainly GPU) run non stop from start up to shut down. i've looked up every single tutorial out there and still no help. does anyone have the same issue and if so how can i fix this extremely annoying problem... I use this computer for school and the fans would boot up and sound like a small wind storm and it would disturb my quiet lecture classes... any help would be much appreciated
2 REPLIES 2

Nimarioos
Level 7
i have same problem, left fan spin like crazy!

Hola , nuestros equipos tienen un defecto de fabricacion . hay un falso contacto en el conector de dicho ventilador , o bien los contactos no estan bien soldados en la placa o los cables fueron crimpados si estar devidamente pelados . se soluciona quitando la tapa desconectando y volviendo a conectar , esta solucion dura varias semanas y vuelve a repetirse el problema . otra opcion es mandarlo a Asus por la garantia y despues de mucho tiempo reciviras tu ordenador posiblemente igual y todo toqueteado . yo la proxima vez que lo habra le metere un soldador de estaño a los pines de la placa y garantizare que los cables hacen buen contacto con los pines en la zona de crimpado.
Un saludo.

Hello, our teams have a manufacturing defect. there is a false contact in the connector of said fan, or the contacts are not well welded on the plate or the wires were crushed if they were badly stripped. It is solved by removing the cover by disconnecting and reconnecting, this solution lasts several weeks and the problem is repeated again. Another option is to send it to Asus for the guarantee and after a long time you will receive your computer possibly the same and everything is flushed. Next time I will, I will put a tin soldering iron to the pins of the board and ensure that the wires make good contact with the pins in the crimp zone.
A greeting.