cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPA3 Support? AX Devices?

btrach144
Level 7
iOS 13 adds support for WPA3. None of ASUS’s routers support WPA3 yet. What gives?

Also, can you mix AX and AC devices on a network? Or will this degrade performance? I have a tri-band router and wonder if I should reserve one of the bands for only AX devices.*
5 REPLIES 5

bogdi1988
Level 8
I doubt we'll see this soon.

Bartman
Level 7
There has been a beta firmware for the AX1100 that had WPA3 but it was taken down (Info SNB forums) AX and AC work with one another on the 2.4 or the 5Ghz channels, I use both with no problems, AX is really fast, for gaming its amazing.

Regards

Bartman wrote:
There has been a beta firmware for the AX1100 that had WPA3 but it was taken down (Info SNB forums) AX and AC work with one another on the 2.4 or the 5Ghz channels, I use both with no problems, AX is really fast, for gaming its amazing.

Regards

Mind sharing that beta file?

Note that the ASUS AX88U got a beta in August (before the question was asked). And is now the only Home router that is certified as WIFI 6 and WPA3. The GA Firmware released in November includes the Support.

I lot of us are hoping they will go back and put up a release for AX11000. And for some of their new AX routers.

tns49 wrote:
Note that the ASUS AX88U got a beta in August (before the question was asked). And is now the only Home router that is certified as WIFI 6 and WPA3. The GA Firmware released in November includes the Support.

I lot of us are hoping they will go back and put up a release for AX11000. And for some of their new AX routers.

Asus has been reallllllly slow with firmware updates for the GT series of routers.