Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus1171 View Post
    I'm still on 2703
    I'm sorry, but that means what? Are you using a 2700X? Are you seeing the same reduction in performance as I am? Or perhaps something different?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Name View Post
    I'm sorry, but that means what? Are you using a 2700X? Are you seeing the same reduction in performance as I am? Or perhaps something different?
    Well, if you're gonna be like that, I'm not gonna tell.

New ROGer Array

Well, if you're gonna be like that, I'm not gonna tell.

Ummm, politely asking what you meant?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Name View Post
    Ummm, politely asking what you meant?
    'Haven't really noticed a difference.

New ROGer Array

I've just tested with my CH7 and 2700X and see some performance degradation in CInebench R20.

BIOS 2606
    Multi core: 4004
    Single core: 432

BIOS 2801
    Multi core: 3982
    Single core: 423

ROG Enthusiast Array Frostie36 PC Specs
    Frostie36 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero X470 WiFi
    ProcessorRyzen 2700x
    Graphics Card #1Evga 1080TI FE
    Sound CardCreative X-Fi pcie
    MonitorAsus VG278QR
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Pro 256mb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12S SE AM4
    CaseHAF 932 Advance
    Power SupplySilverstone Strider 1000w
    Keyboard Logitech g15 v2
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset/Speakers Creative Headphones
    OS Windows 10 Pro X64
    Network RouterNetgear WNDR4500

C7H & 2700x here and I don't notice any difference but then I'm too busy actually using my system instead of running load of benchmark apps to see if the scores have dropped but all the apps & games I am using don't appear to be running slower or giving me less fps than I'm used to.

Edit : those cb scores posted above appear to be within margin of error, also any apps you have running can have a big effect on cb scores, you can easily test that by running cb with the highest process priority, if you do that you'll see higher scores than if cb has a normal process priority, I've tested that on my setup in the past & I always see the highest scores when I adjust the process priority.
    Last edited by Frostie36; 09-28-2019 at 10:06 AM.

New ROGer Array

'Haven't really noticed a difference.
    Ah, ok. Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Frostie36 View Post
    C7H & 2700x here and I don't notice any difference but then I'm too busy actually using my system instead of running load of benchmark apps to see if the scores have dropped but all the apps & games I am using don't appear to be running slower or giving me less fps than I'm used to.

Edit : those cb scores posted above appear to be within margin of error, also any apps you have running can have a big effect on cb scores, you can easily test that by running cb with the highest process priority, if you do that you'll see higher scores than if cb has a normal process priority, I've tested that on my setup in the past & I always see the highest scores when I adjust the process priority.
    Yeah, this isn't the kind of performance hit you'd notice without benchmarks. His CB20 scores may be margin of error, but since I forgot to test CB20 I don't have a point of reference. My CB15 score difference is certainly not margin of error though.

And I don't know if you meant to sound condescending, but the way I use my system entertains me as much as the things I do on my system. I love to tinker with it and will do so purely to entertain myself though it may not provide any useful gains.

New ROGer Array

The problem persists in BIOS 2901. You'll see that I've reverted back to 1201 to run daily as 2606 has a problem with fans slowing or stopping. CPU performance between 1201 and 2606 are near identical in these instances though.

Edit:
    I can't seem to upload images.

New ROGer Array

I got it sorted. I thought I had ruled out what turned out to be the culprit back with BIOS 2703, but I didn't. The culprit is Performance Bias setting Aida/Geekbench.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2