cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird laptop thing inside (ASUS ROG GL-703GM-EE103)

REdream
Level 7
Have you ever seen something like this? I disassembled the entire laptop and did not find any liquid or its traces. But when i unscrewed a small fan which was screwed tight enough i found this. This is my laptop, never spilled anything on it and there are no marks on the keyboard or under it, as well as on the other side of the fan. Any ideas ?
ASUS ROG GL-703GM-EE103

Also the problem why im disassembling it because it died with no indication. No reaction and i only hear Tick.........tick.........tick...... noise when its has charge in. Tryed asus power reboot option by holding Power ON button, no reaction.

Picture
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
Is the tick coming from the machine or the power brick? It could be a failed power brick.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Is the tick coming from the machine or the power brick? It could be a failed power brick.

Thank you very much for the reply! I inspected the entire laptop with an independent expert and still we did not understand where the spill came from. Its like oil and
In a very small amount, along with dust, it is scattered near the fans. Can any liquid leak from the cooling system in this model? Thermo pad or thermal paste?

Because there was a rejection in the service center for repair, supposedly I flooded it. But an independent expert and I do not understand how physically this oil consistency can physically get there.

Only one idea is the thermal pads or thermal paste maybe from silicon leaked from thermals. Additional photos. Thanks in advance!

https://imgur.com/a/qccVXjd

xeromist
I suppose it could be lubricant from the fan bearing but whatever it is there seems to be a small amount. I wouldn't be convinced that little amount was the cause until you figure out exactly what's broken.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I suppose it could be lubricant from the fan bearing but whatever it is there seems to be a small amount. I wouldn't be convinced that little amount was the cause until you figure out exactly what's broken.

The service center was accused of spilling and withdrawn from the warranty. I took it to an independent examination and they said that they could not confirm that it had leaked from the laptop and also did not understand how it was flooded. Took it to a paid repair person who repairs these laptops and he said that this is the third laptop model with the same problem in 2 months. Unknown oily liquid inside a laptop. Composition test is too expensive. Therefore, have to order expensive parts in order to repair 😞 I will never buy an asus again.