cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Gaming Centre not starting

Dreano
Level 7
So, out of the blue the ROG gaming centre no longer works on my GL702V. The one that came with the laptop CtD'd when i tried to alter the fans. I installed the latest version and that won't load at all. I have W10 1903 18362.356. Only thing i think that changed between when it last worked and now was a driver update.
Failing getting it working again, how else can I change fan speed on my laptop?
Oh, and Intel Extreme Tuning Utility started reporting that there was something else similar to it running when there wasn't. Different issue but happend at the same time.
3 REPLIES 3

Dimitrios1971
Level 12
hi do you have the gaming center 2.6.1? Then you also need the new bios? if not the problem can be

OLD

NEW

tap002
Level 9
Hot Key Fn+f5 will control fans. Version 2.6.1 and latest bios should solve your problem. Sometimes XTU and gaming center will conflict with each other. I'm sorry I can't remember which order I installed them. Uninstall both and reinstall. If gaming center during installation asks if you want to install driver; click NO then it will use XTU and both will run fine. (if I remember right) win10 1903 18362.295

Dreano
Level 7
Thanks for your replies.
Gaming Centre is 2.14 I believe. FN + F5 changes screen brightness not fans (I don't see a fan control option on my GL702V). I can update the bios, I guess. Can I use WinFlash for this?
No idea why it went wrong in first place. Also, as I have deleted ROG gaming centre XTU is working.
Sorry, it is 2.6.1. I installed an earlier version 2.0.3 and it runs but crashes when I try to change fan speed.