cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is my PG348Q getting 110 FPS?

Volt
Level 9
Hi,

A few weeks ago I started noticing that my PG348Q started getting 110fps on certain games. In Overwatch this happens with the ingame display. I've also seen it with the MSI Afterburner utility. I'm not complaing. But I thought the maximum FPS for this monitor is 100fps.

Am I really getting 110 fps?

Or is it some sort of display bug with OW's ingame FPS counter, as well as MSI's AB utility?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Guitarmageddon1
Level 9
Volt wrote:
Hi,

A few weeks ago I started noticing that my PG348Q started getting 110fps on certain games. In Overwatch this happens with the ingame display. I've also seen it with the MSI Afterburner utility. I'm not complaing. But I thought the maximum FPS for this monitor is 100fps.

Am I really getting 110 fps?

Or is it some sort of display bug with OW's ingame FPS counter, as well as MSI's AB utility?

Thanks

Monitors can achieve over their FPS limit. It just means you will see tearing once you breach the spec refresh rate. If you use gsync/vsync/Adaptive refresh you will not see it higher than the monitors factory refresh

Guitarmageddon888 wrote:
Monitors can achieve over their FPS limit. It just means you will see tearing once you breach the spec refresh rate. If you use gsync/vsync/Adaptive refresh you will not see it higher than the monitors factory refresh

Ah, thanks for the response.

Under Manage 3D Settings
Vertical sync = Use the 3D application setting.

I started noticing it do this a few weeks or so ago in Overwatch. I don't recall it happening in other games. But I can check. Maybe one of the game's recent patches did something to cause this to happen?

Does using Adaptive refresh affect my card+display to do GSync?