cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AC5300 New Firmware 3.0.0.4.384.81099

Silicon_Rage
Level 8
I logged into my router today to find this firmware only available through the ui. I have not gone through everything but, the main difference is the overhaul of the GUI. The GT-AC5300 now looks and feels part of the rapture family as the GUI resembles the GT-AC2900 and the GT-AX11000 in terms of graphics and layout. According to asus website this firmware does not exist so I can not say what the changes are. If anybody else is brave enough to install it, let us know your experience.
5 REPLIES 5

carwash
Level 7
installed 3 days ago and so far very stable*

I've upgraded to this version too, a week ago. So far it has been quite stable.

carwash wrote:
installed 3 days ago and so far very stable*

Unfortunately, there is a major problem with this firmware: the 2.4 wifi gets unstable after 2-3 days. A reset is the only way te resolve it.

It's a shame that a router that almost costs EUR 300 has this many bugs!

sehlat
Level 10
I updated mine too today, but it's an RT-AC5300 and it seems stable so far. The only advisory I could find was this:

https://www.asus.com/Static_WebPage/ASUS-Product-Security-Advisory/

But it doesn't list the any of the GT or RT AC5300 routers in their most recent notes about it. However, since the firmware updated today, it must apply. I can't believe it was a fix from last May, where it is listed.

Sprayingmango
Level 10
I run an AX11000 as my main router and my ROG Rapture 5300 as my Ai Mesh router. Since updating both routers to the latest firmware something has broken with the Ai Mesh 5300. It will not allow internet access once it pairs itself to the AX11000. I have rebooted both routers many times and cannot figure out what is going on. It only started happening with this latest firmware update.