cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your experience with "AUTO OC" feature!

ozzed
Level 7
Hello everyone!

I want to ask what your experience with the "+200Mhz AUTO OC" feature is?

On the latest ABBA Agesa, I can only get 4625Mhz max boost no matter what settings I use? It's also very confusing because PBO and AUTO OC is present in several different locations in UEFI, so I was wondering what settings you are using to get the highest possible frequency beyond the rated max-boost for your processor?
5 REPLIES 5

igralec84
Level 7
+200Mhz AUTO OC with PBO enabled gives me max boost on 1 core of 4425, with PBO off 4450 on the 3600X with the 2801.

igralec84 wrote:
+200Mhz AUTO OC with PBO enabled gives me max boost on 1 core of 4425, with PBO off 4450 on the 3600X with the 2801.

Interesting, so you get a higher boost with Auto OC on, but PBO off?

Where do you set the PBO to OFF? It's confusing because in the advanced teaker menu as well as AMD Overvlocking I don't get access to the AUTO OC feature unless I turn PBO on. So I'm curious how you manage to turn AUTO OC on but leave PBO off?

ozzed wrote:
Interesting, so you get a higher boost with Auto OC on, but PBO off?

Where do you set the PBO to OFF? It's confusing because in the advanced teaker menu as well as AMD Overvlocking I don't get access to the AUTO OC feature unless I turn PBO on. So I'm curious how you manage to turn AUTO OC on but leave PBO off?

Might just be a weird coincidence, first i only started Ryzen Master and set Auto OC + 200 and restarted. I usually get 4/6 cores at 4400, this got me 2 at 4425. Then i just went into BIOS and under Extreme Tweaker i set PBO to disabled, the first thing out of three in that submenu. Then one core went to 4450 with Ryzen Master on with Auto OC +200.

igralec84 wrote:
Might just be a weird coincidence, first i only started Ryzen Master and set Auto OC + 200 and restarted. I usually get 4/6 cores at 4400, this got me 2 at 4425. Then i just went into BIOS and under Extreme Tweaker i set PBO to disabled, the first thing out of three in that submenu. Then one core went to 4450 with Ryzen Master on with Auto OC +200.

OK so you're using Ryzen master then. I was hoping there would be a way to do it from within UEFI only since I don't like cluttering Windows with background processes. But I'll have to look some more to see if I can figure it out.

+50Mhz is still quite a long way to go towards +200Mhz though and as far as I know I don't think anyone has reached it yet. Maybe it will be the next "Boost-gate"?

ozzed wrote:
OK so you're using Ryzen master then. I was hoping there would be a way to do it from within UEFI only since I don't like cluttering Windows with background processes. But I'll have to look some more to see if I can figure it out.

+50Mhz is still quite a long way to go towards +200Mhz though and as far as I know I don't think anyone has reached it yet. Maybe it will be the next "Boost-gate"?

Yeah and i have a custom loop so temps aren't really a problem or excuse. Also interesting is that max voltage stays the same, 1.475v for 4400 or 4450. Maybe the +200 will never happen since above 1.5v isn't safe. My previous 2700X boosted to 4500-4600 on a ****ty Gigabyte low end board, but those CPUs were probably built like that whereas these 3000s looks like aren't.