cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apex IX Z270, multiple problems, help diagnosing issues please.

Toolguns
Level 7
Hello,
I've owned my Apex IX Z270 board for just over 2 years and have not had any problems until lately...
I've gone as far as doing a clean install of Windows 10 and these issues still persist on my PC, if you guys have any advice on anything I should try next before contacting ASUS to review a warranty request it would be greatly appreciated! At this point I think it may be hardware related, but you never know maybe some pesky setting in the BIOS, however I have even gone as far as reinstalling latest BIOS AND running factory default settings with no fix yet.

1. PC will reboot randomly crash/restart: This happens at IDLE, during Gaming, and even just a few seconds/minutes after starting PC and logging into Windows 10.
Their seems to be no rhyme or reason, just happens when the PC wants it to it seems like.
I am getting this error code on the event viewer:
Critical - Event ID 41 - Task Category 63:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

2. On Power-up, PC sometimes boots into BIOS on it's own, it will automatically take me to the boot option screen and for whatever reason it will not show my M.2 NVME drive(OS Drive). (I will finally get passed this by restarting my PC like 3-4 times, sometimes as many as 7-8+ times... very frustrating)

3. Ethernet Download speed issues on my PC only.
I noticed slower than usual download speeds on my PC, my Ethernet Port is only taking 60MBPS Down speeds lately, I was jumping through hoops with Netgear trying to figure out why on earth my PC was the only culprit with slow download speeds and all other devices on WiFI/Ethernet (Even my PS4, Pixel 2 and Chromebook) were getting 250+MBPS Download (Hardwired or WiFI)....
Turns out, only affected device is my PC...
I finally figured out it may be my motherboard with a defective Ethernet port, I purchased an external USB Gigabit Ethernet Adapter and problem solved, I was seeing 250MBPS again but only by using the external USB Network dongle.

4. My Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Amp will sometimes not power-up when I start up my PC. This device is powered via USB from my motherboard's USB.
This is usually fixed by me going to the back of my PC and unplugging the USB and plugging back in...

Big list of issues above that leads me to believe the the motherboard is on it's way out, but I don't know if you guys have any other ideas as to what it could be.

My board is still under warranty, I've already done a clean install of Windows 10 and still getting these issues and reflashed BIOS + checked both my NVME and SSD for health and both passed tests...

I did a memtest86 and it passed, CPU Stress test and no high temps or nothing out of the ordinary... GPU also within opearing temps, no artifacts and nothing to leave me to believe of faulty GPU, heck, sometimes I go a full night gaming, then other times I go 2-4 days with the list of issues above...

My biggest problem obviously is the random restarting, I can't get my game on or even log-in to my email without knowing if my PC is about to crash and restart.

Is the above confirm my motherboard is going out or what else should I try before contacting ASUS Warranty?
0 REPLIES 0