cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[REQUEST] Bclk Frequency, Bclk Spread Spectrum to ALL x470/570

TheZero_ITA
Level 7
Hello, i bought in August ur Prime x470-PRO and is a fantastic mb....

BUT:

We very don't agree that in most motherboards we don't have anymore BLCK FREQUENCY and BLCK SPREAD SPECTRUM.

"Compatibility? In some build would will works and on others not? Failed Oc?" WE DON'T CARE, they are our BUSINESS and we WANT try. Also is very hard damage hardware for these, many others options can really damage something so no reason for keep hiddens them.

We prefear don't use modded bios, we don't really need of them to avoid to do some mistake, you can just make availables these hidden OPTIONS.

People who agree with me to try move Asus in this direction can write in this post!!
20 REPLIES 20

Filters
Level 9
up rox strix x470-F same problem also blck 99.8 super annoyng

Filters wrote:
up rox strix x470-F same problem also blck 99.8 super annoyng

The 99.8Mhz annoyance can be fixed by setting "AI Overclock tuner" to MANUAL or AUTO instead of D.O.C.P. If you are uncomfortable selecting timings and voltage yourself, just set it to D.O.C.P first, write down the timings and DRAM-voltage and the set to MANUAL and input the timings yourself. This is an issue with D.O.C.P, not spread spectrum.

ozzed wrote:
The 99.8Mhz annoyance can be fixed by setting "AI Overclock tuner" to MANUAL or AUTO instead of D.O.C.P. If you are uncomfortable selecting timings and voltage yourself, just set it to D.O.C.P first, write down the timings and DRAM-voltage and the set to MANUAL and input the timings yourself. This is an issue with D.O.C.P, not spread spectrum.

No man its not working for the latest bios i always set manual and ofc all of us tried all the possible settings, you can probably be the only one that have this work 😛

Filters wrote:
No man its not working for the latest bios i always set manual and ofc all of us tried all the possible settings, you can probably be the only one that have this work 😛

Maybe it's different for different motherboards? It has worked for me though with both the X370 Prime Pro the Crosshair VII Hero, on all UEFI-versions.

To be fair, this is also a problem on the C6H I cannot get a perfect 100.00 BCLK it is always at 99.98 whether on auto BCLK or DOCP.

mikev190
Level 9
The crosshair boards have BCLK frequency. That is a feature for those boards. Spread spectrum would be a nice addition though

Xploder270
Level 8
For the X470-PRO at least you can get a BCLK Spread Spectrum disabling profile:
https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1690489-asus-prime-x470-pro-issues-successes-81....

@Asus: PLEASE just make this option accessible in the UEFI.

Xploder270 wrote:
For the X470-PRO at least you can get a BCLK Spread Spectrum disabling profile:
https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1690489-asus-prime-x470-pro-issues-successes-81....

@Asus: PLEASE just make this option accessible in the UEFI.

Is it a modded bios? Need to flash it like a bios? Damn Asus do something

Xploder270
Level 8
This is a User Profile that stems from a modded 5220 Bios that has the Spread Spectrum Option visible (it's actually in their BIOS but hidden). Loading this profile on the official ROM will disable the hidden setting.
Unfortunately, this is only for the X470-PRO.