cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura sync not detecting my 5700xt

janwick
Level 7
it seem Aura Sync needs to have another update, as my strix 5700 xt is not showing up with Aura Sync...
16 REPLIES 16

LordXedis
Level 7
So how long does this normally take to resolve? I literally bought the Strix for the RGB and appearance over the Sapphire which has been my go to company for the past 5 builds? Thanks

lizard
Level 7
I have the same issue. In my case, everything can be controlled via Aura sync, except ROG Strix Radeon 5700 XT OC graphic card, which isn't even detected/recognized by the Aura.

My scpecs:
Windows 10 Pro (with the latest updates installed)
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII X570 WI-FI (with the latest 1001 Bios) - works with Aura
G.Skills 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z Neo 3200 - works with Aura
Asus ROG Strix LC 240 Cooler - works with Aura
Asus ROG Thor 850W - works with Aura
Asus ROG Strix XG32VQR Display - works with Aura
Some random RGB fans - work with Aura
Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC - does NOT get recognized in Aura

lizard
Level 7
Just installed the freshly released 19.9.3 drivers, and the issue remains.

Adding my name to the list of people with this issue. I had a web chat with an asus tech support representative, but no help. Would love to hear from asus on this...

Well, they have until just before the NewEgg return policy is up to fix it or I'm trading up. Sapphire is getting benchmarks anyways.

Etharr
Level 8
Have the same issue with LightingControl 1.07.71.
On the other hand card is detected by Armoury Crate software and sync works.
Unfortunately Armoury Crate is so buggy - can't configure display on my Ryou 240,
so I'm stuck with Live Dash and LightingControl 1.07.71

lizard
Level 7
With 19.10.1 drivers, the issue remains.

Rolda
Level 8
Heureeeka! So I fixed Aura Sync. Simply copy the two files (Vender.dll and VGA_Extra.dll) from the "AURA RGB Lighting Control for XC-STATION ver0.0.6.3" software into the "Program Files \ ASUS \ AacVGAHal" folder and overwrite the existing files. To be sure, I have deleted the file (LastProfile.xml) in the "Program Files (x86) \ LightingService" folder, restarted the LightingService service and restarted the PC.

lizard
Level 7
Nice, thank you, it worked for me!

However I first installed AURA RGB Lighting Control for XC-STATION ver0.0.6.3 for 5700 XT on another PC to avoid any potential issues with installed Aura sync.
In order to overwrite Vender.dll and VGA_Extra.dll I had to first stop LightingService service.

But it is all ok now - apart from Aura Sync being a very buggy software.