cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix X570-F - BIOS 1201 or in General

haplopeart
Level 7
I saw that the board had an updated BIOS in the web site. I went ahead and installed it. The machine booted into the BIOS and applied the update, progressed through the update, got to the end and rebooted.

Now the machine boots, I get the Beep. I get to the post screen "Press F2 or DEL..." then nothing frozen. I can't Press F2/DEL, the OS never starts loading (I do see some brief Disk activity according to the LED on the machine case. It smells like a bad BIOS update....

I tried using flashback, but that doesn't even seem to be working I put the older BIOS named as described in the manual, on a USB 2.0 Stick, tried its formatted both NTFS and FAT32. Press the button, the light blinks 3 times, brief activity of the USB stick light, the flashing light stops, and NOTHING...!

Am I toast here?

Any, next steps, did ya tries?

Should I be stripping devices off the board (add-in cards, drives?) to see if doing so gets the system to boot?

I do this kind of stuff for a living, I've probably flashed Machine BIOSes +100000000 times (do enterprise deployments, so that's not an over estimate), I've never seen a machine sorta half bricked like this. Normally the thing is either alive and boots, or you get nothing at all if its been bricked. Usually something like the ASUS (this is my first ASUS board) flash back recovery gets the system back, but this seems to be behaving weirdly.

Am I missing something here?
2 REPLIES 2

haplopeart
Level 7
For anyone that comes across the post. I figure out the problem, I needed to pull my add-in cards. Once I did that the machine was able to boot normally. I then re-added the cards one at a time rebooting inbetween.

I haven't had time to evaluate if 1201 really changed anything from a performance point of view.

haplopeart wrote:
For anyone that comes across the post. I figure out the problem, I needed to pull my add-in cards. Once I did that the machine was able to boot normally. I then re-added the cards one at a time rebooting inbetween.

I haven't had time to evaluate if 1201 really changed anything from a performance point of view.

Thanks for share. I had same problem