cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF X570-Plus Unable To Go Into Bios And Download Utility's

Mosam
Level 7
Hi Everyone,

A Small Back story, It was My birthday last week so my wife got me some best-buy gift card's. Long story short i thought it was a good time to upgrade my first Gen Ryzen PC. I upgraded my everything i my old PC Besides the GPU,PSU, SSD's and HDD.

This is the problem.My New motherboard Keeps beeping during post 1 long beep and 3 short beeps , Looking at the owners Manual this mean no VGA is detected. The 3700x Does not have a IGPU I have tried numerous things but unfortunately now i am unable to get into my MOBO bios. I do not get a bios Splash screen or anything the moment I start my computer it takes around a 1 minute during this time it goes through post gives me the error beeps restart the RGB light on the case and my keyboard then takes me to the windows 10 login screen i am unable to go configure my bios and change settings. Overall i can use the computer fine i am just unable to go into bios and download utility programs for my motherboard. I thought i would post this to see if anyone else is having the same problem as me or has someone found a way to resolve these issue.

I contacted Asus support they told me to reset cmos and if that did not fix it then replace the MOBO. I have went back and exchanged it for a new one as well i keep getting the same issue. Anyone know what is going on?

Troubleshooting Steps I Have Tried
Rechecked the wiring
Reseated all connectors
Check all software and drivers are up to date.
Reset Cmos
Pulled GPU Out, tried different slots.
Used windows settings to boot into Uefi Bios
And much more basic troubleshooting steps.

Small Update
I got bios to work on a different GPU, I put in my old r9 200 Series GPU in just to check if it would work. Boom It did sort of i am able to get into bios but 2 problems.
1. I Cant use my GTX 1060 and i don't know why!
2. My monitor is 4k when Bios load its very small and centered on the screen (Uses maybe 22% of the monitor to display)

My New PC Specs

Ryzen 3700x

Asus TUF X570-Plus (wi-fi)

EVGA GTX 1060 (6gb)|

Corsair H100 Platinum AIO(240)

16 GB DDR4 viper 3000(4-4)

2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO (500GB EA)

2x SeaGate BarraCuda (4TB EA)

Corsair CX 650M (PSU)

Windows 10 (latest-Version)
3 REPLIES 3

Plan3tCrack3r
Level 8
Could this be a Secure Boot or drive partition type MBR vs GPT (GPT needed for UEFI) problem from the previous install? The GPU boot beep error doesn't make me think so, but worth a check. Also, have you tried:

A) Use different display cable, HDMI / DisplayPort or a different display?
B) Plug in only one of the GPU power connectors if your GPU uses two connectors and see if any messages appear stating to plug in the power cable?
C) Spam F2 or Delete key at boot?
D) Disconnect all drives and try booting from W10 Install USB ISO?

What does System Information in W10, msinfo32, show for BIOS Mode and Secure Boot State?
X470-F, 2700X, 5700 XT Nitro+, 970 EVO, LanCool 2 Mesh Performance, H115i Pro, 16GB3000C14, TT650W Gold

Small Update

I got bios to work on a different GPU, I put in my old r9 200 Series GPU in just to check if it would work. Boom It did sort of i am able to get into bios but 2 problems.

1. I Cant use my GTX 1060 and i don't know why!

2.My monitor is 4k when Bios load its very small and centered on the screen (Uses maybe 22% of the monitor to display)

Just wondering if you ever got this sorted?
I'm having a similar problem with my X570 TUF.
I haven't got the beeps in a while, but the display (display port) seems to lose connection a lot during boot, totally randomly from one boot to the next. Sometimes I'll get to the bios, sometimes I won't and it'll just hang.
It seems like the PC loses the connection to the display, and it comes back when logging into Windows, probably due to some (stronger?) signal being sent to the monitor.
If I just start mashing the Del button before I see the splash screen it will often (I assume) go to the bios with no display and so it will hang.
I'm wondering if it's some power saving "feature" that's not sending sufficient power to the display or something..