Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Asus just released Audio Version 6.0.1.8746 with Updated User Account Control verification mechanism to match the revised requirements of the kb4524147 hotfix. This came from https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RO...Desk_Download/

Seems to work OK with the return of the Realtek HD Audio Manager and Sonic icons in hidden icons. The Sonic sound profile settings will need to be reinstalled - previous ones don't work.

The other more MS App based software 8666 and 8751 worked OK for me as well.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

ISSUE SOLVED

Confirmed.
    For a minimal installation all you have to do is download that AUDIO package Version 6.0.1.8746 and just extract the SonicSuite sub-folder.
    Then run the 3 setups inside in this order: Studio 3, Radar 3, FineTuning Tool 2. No need to uninstall previous versions:

... and finally everything will work fine again as expected, with SS3 running on startup in background and no more nagging UAC requester opening Sonic Studio 3 and Sonic Radar 3!

Gaming laptop ASUS ROG GL703GS, with Windows 10 1909, still HDA no UAD drivers here (I can use FineTuning Tool 2).

P.S.
    To solve UAC nagging requester on boot caused by SS3svc32.exe, only Sonic Studio 3 installation is strictly required. You can ignore Radar and FineTuning tool if you don't have them installed and don't use them.
    Last edited by hexaae; 12-11-2019 at 08:22 AM.

ROG Member Array

Is it also necessary to install the Radar 3? Because I still get the administrator permission at the beginning. On the other hand, I also installed the driver you indicated that AUDIO package Version 6.0.1.8746, but just at the end a message came out saying that it did not support it, but it was installed. My notebook is a G752vsk Audio code: ALC668. I hope you can help me.
    Last edited by wallos; 12-09-2019 at 07:10 PM.

hexaae PC Specs
    Processori7-8750H
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64

Uninstall everything. Reinstall latest software for your laptop from https://www.asus.com/it/supportonly/...Desk_Download/
    Then upgrade following the steps in msg #62.
    You should be more specific about "I still get the admin permission at the beginning": pay attention to what's written inside the UAC requester, to clearly understand what component still requires UAC elevation on boot.
    Last edited by hexaae; 12-11-2019 at 07:41 AM.

ROG Junior Member Array

what about non-laptop owners? I have a Maximum viii gene motherboard and it only comes with Sonic studio 2 and hasn't been updated since 2017. is there a way to update to SS3 or am I stuck with annoying UAC notification everytime windows is booted ?

ROG Member Array

Hello, I did what you said, and again I lowered the audio driver and I could install without problems each one of what I needed, I will explain here the steps.

1) I downloaded the AUDIO Version 6.0.1.8746 2019/12/03 driver from the asus page of that model: ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) To decompress it, since it weighs 686.47 MBytes because it contains inside SonicRadar and SonicSuite installers.

2) After installing the AUDIO driver, it may take a while (seconds) at the end of the installation and tell you that such hardware is not bearable. (Audio is installed correctly, but the warning is by SonicRadar and SonicSuite)

There are cases that run all run since it is bearable, so no problem.

In the case that the first thing that is not supported happens, you have to go to the SonicSuite folder and run the Setup_FineTuningTool2, after that, you must run Setup_SonicRadar3 or Setup_SonicStudio3 (no matter the order)

Ty hexaae!

hexaae PC Specs
    Processori7-8750H
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64

Just to be clear: installing the whole audio driver package is not required to solve the UAC issue on boot. All you have to do is update Sonic Studio 3, Radar 3, and FineTuning Tool (if you use these last two).

New ROGer Array

Thank you

Thank you very much!
    It works!

I was lurking at this problem every day for almost 2 months now, since it was very annoying.

It is still not available on the GL703GS official driver download page (what are they doing ?!) but your solution works!
    Just take the "Sonic Studio" folder out from the big zip file.
    Then, uninstall Sonic Studio 3 and reinstall it with the new SonicStudio3 installer.

I did not need the 2 other programs.
    What does "FineTuning Tool" do? I did not find any information on the web.

Now, it works perfectly!
    No more UAC warning while booting.

For further information : Sonic Studio 3 is MANDATORY to install on the GL703GS, as the mic does not work properly without it - I mean, really not properly, not just too low or something. It is weird, as I anyway deactivate every "sound improvements" that Sonic Studio offers.

Thank you again!
    Last edited by philmae; 12-16-2019 at 10:36 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I experience this after January 2020 cumulative update OS build 18363.628 and on sonic Studio 2.4.13 It wont run completly or breaks sound if it starts. I wonder why I did not have this problem earlier?
    The annoying this is, when loging to desktop UAC now displays dimmed empty desktop with language icon in right bottom corner. There is only one combination Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get rid of this screen and the error window disappears a second after returning to desktop. I had to take screenshot to see the error window actually. Ehh. And also january 2020 cumulative broke Spotlight and windows content delivery manager now wont download spotlight images. Oh well, MS, they fix something, they brake something.
    Last edited by winyl; 02-01-2020 at 03:31 PM. Reason: add info

New ROGer Array

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rockemail View Post
    Strix Raid DLX Sound Card' s Sonic Studio has the same issue.

Where' s the Asus Support?
    and... wait for it.... nope, just crickets. Is Asus related to Windows and Microsoft ? Buy our product and get stuck trying to fix it with other user's solutions that may as well be in another language. I guess you have to read 7 pages of users replies and hope one is something you understand or be a computer geek to own Asus. Sad I spent over $1K for a computer and the first problem that pops up (literally) is ignored by the manufacture.
    Last edited by BECPINBC; 02-03-2020 at 06:24 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast