cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G752VS OC Battery Issue (won't pass 14%). HELP !

neonad
Level 7
Hi Guys,

Recently when i was working (not plugged in) on my Asus G752VS OC, the battery was drained suddenly and turned off the laptop itself. After that I have plugged in the cable and tried to recharge it, yet it is only charging up to 14% ~ 15%. Kindly can someone advice/support on me about this issue? I have attached battery usage report with this.
3 REPLIES 3

jdfrench3
Level 12
Your battery is damaged.

Using your charging brick with this battery will result in it's demise soon. Check the voltage of the charging brick, if low then replace.

Using the laptop in this condition can result in damage to the charging section on the motherboard.

Battery replacement requires teardown of the laptop.

1 Replace battery
2 Replace charging brick
3 Repaste the CPU and GPU while you are inside the laptop
4. Good time to also add more memory and/or storage

If you don't feel comfortable opening your laptop and making repairs (see many videos online about teardown of this laptop) please take it to a service center.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

neonad
Level 7
Thanks @jdFrench3 ! Any proper place to buy original battery and part number? (online)

I recommend BattPit through Newegg:

BattPit: Laptop Battery Replacement for Asus ROG G752VS-XB78K, G752VS, G752VY, GFX72VT, GFX72VY, A42N1520, A42NI520

https://www.newegg.com/p/16J-006B-11H39?Description=asus%20G752vs%20battery&cm_re=asus_G752vs_batter...

Please investigate your own purchase of charging brick (you have not provided complete model number).

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server