cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any reason to upgrade to BIOS 7501 (CH6)?

usernameistoosh
Level 9
First-gen CH6 (X370) with R7-1800X CPU. Currently on BIOS 7403. No issues. Predominantly use Linux (99.9% of the time).

I really don't want to keep going through the Asus nonsense of being a beta tester with their idiotic BIOS releases. From what I can gather, this new version is just to add support for Ryzen 3000 series CPUs.

Is there anything useful in this update for us first-gen users?
2 REPLIES 2

TechyInAZ
Level 7
Nope not yet, wait until BIOS updates get mature for ryzen 3000 which will probably take another 2-3 months.

Honestly not sure why you are even on anything newer than AGESA Code 1.0.0.6. Anything newer doesn't benefit 1st gen or 2nd gen at all, except for faster boot times but even those are buggy with newer BIOS revisions.

TechyInAZ wrote:
Nope not yet, wait until BIOS updates get mature for ryzen 3000 which will probably take another 2-3 months.

Honestly not sure why you are even on anything newer than AGESA Code 1.0.0.6. Anything newer doesn't benefit 1st gen or 2nd gen at all, except for faster boot times but even those are buggy with newer BIOS revisions.

That is good to know! It requires the BIOS to be renamed with the BIOS Renaming Tool. I am not too sure what that means but it seems to suggest renaming the BIOS to the recovery image name if you need to use the special USB flash port on the rear panel. The instructions are incredibly vague, which is why I have not bothered to flash it.
Syaoran