cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VM Sonic Studio

azwxguy
Level 7
After boot up and sign in, there is a Windows popup from User Account Control that says the SS2UILauncher.exe app is blocked for protection. This just started happening today after installing a Windows Cumulative Update, 2019-09 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4522738) and 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4512711). I figured this was a sign there might be an ASUS update available, and there was one for the ASUS ATK package which deals with keyboard assignments. Back to Sonic Studio, the app is part of the ROG Gaming Center app. It can be disabled, so I will try that next. I don't use any of those gaming settings anyway. I'll comment back on any successes, and also expect perhaps a ROG Gaming Center update in the near future.
N71JQ-A1, G752VM-RB71, GX703HR-XB96
13 REPLIES 13

jdfrench3
Level 12
Just fixed this in my G752VSK.

Go into Task Manager, move down and find Sonic Studio. There are two tasks running, one for 32bit and one for 64bit versions. Right-click on each task and click on Properties, on the Compatibility Tab, under settings, check run this program as administrator, click OK. Reboot the laptop. You will notice Sonic Studio no longer runs in the background. To start Sonic Studio use the link in ROG Gaming Center.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

azwxguy
Level 7
Zing! Fixed that. Think it had anything to do with the Windblows updates, or no?
N71JQ-A1, G752VM-RB71, GX703HR-XB96

Yep, that's when I first saw the problem.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Hi, I was able to install Sonic Suite 3 on my G752VS, and I no longer have that popup message.

Rutjan666 wrote:
Hi, I was able to install Sonic Suite 3 on my G752VS, and I no longer have that popup message.

Hello,

Can you tell which realtek driver version and ss3 version you installed?
A download link for them will be useful.

Thank you

simi_id wrote:
Hello,

Can you tell which realtek driver version and ss3 version you installed?
A download link for them will be useful.

Thank you

Hi there,

I got the driver and SSIII from this website: https://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10/

I had to manually force uninstall SSII first.

Realtek driver is v6.0.8746.1

Rutjan666 wrote:
Hi there,

I got the driver and SSIII from this website: https://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10/

I had to manually force uninstall SSII first.

Realtek driver is v6.0.8746.1

I've downloaded the realtek driver and ss3 3.6.42.51937
I have G752VSK and Windows 1909 build 18363.535
And I get an error when to install ss3 that the device is not supported.
What card do you have? Mine is alc668

simi_id wrote:
I've downloaded the realtek driver and ss3 3.6.42.51937
I have G752VSK and Windows 1909 build 18363.535
And I get an error when to install ss3 that the device is not supported.
What card do you have? Mine is alc668

VS and VSK are pretty much the same so I guess it's the same sound card (the exact model of my laptop is Asus G752VS-GC035T).

I remember the driver installer didn't work for me either, so what I did was go into Device Manager => Sound, video and game controllers => right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio then Update driver and Browse my computer for driver software and then you pick up the folder that you downloaded.
(If it doesn't work, you might have to uninstall actual driver first before doing this).

Uninstalling SSII was tricky because it's embedded within the system so there must be a safety that prevents classic removal from the configuration panel, and you can't install SSIII if SSII is still there.

I used the software Geek Uninstaller to remove it first and then I installed SSIII without any problem.

Rutjan666 wrote:
VS and VSK are pretty much the same so I guess it's the same sound card (the exact model of my laptop is Asus G752VS-GC035T).

I remember the driver installer didn't work for me either, so what I did was go into Device Manager => Sound, video and game controllers => right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio then Update driver and Browse my computer for driver software and then you pick up the folder that you downloaded.
(If it doesn't work, you might have to uninstall actual driver first before doing this).

Uninstalling SSII was tricky because it's embedded within the system so there must be a safety that prevents classic removal from the configuration panel, and you can't install SSIII if SSII is still there.

I used the software Geek Uninstaller to remove it first and then I installed SSIII without any problem.

I've tried everything, it just doesn't work.
I even clean installed windows and uninstalled the audio driver, installed the asus driver but the ss3 doesn't want to install. Still says device not compatible.