cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX code, Windows 1909, Qualcomm issues?

zzsstt
Level 7
Just updated to Windows 10 1909, suddenly OS does not detect either Bluetooth or Wifi. Latest drivers from Asus website, latest BIOS, still Windows won't detect it. Everything was working fine, suddenly dynamic lock stopped working (which didn't worry me as it sometimes does this due to range of about 150mm from antenna to phone for some reason). Then Windows popped up a message about restarting to update to 1909, which at that point I didn't connect with the Bluetooth issue. After the update, no Bluetooth and no Wifi.....

Windows troubleshooter denies the hardware even exists, yet it is still switched on in the BIOS.

Coincidence or not?
1 REPLY 1

pndiode
Level 11
I had the same problem when reverting to an earlier BIOS with Windows 10 version 1903. I pressed CMOS button and that did not help.

I then pressed the CMOS button again, removed the power plug from the power supply, pressed the power/start button to deplete all power from motherboard. Reconnected power supply plug WIFI and Bluetooth were still not detected.

I then pressed the CMOS button again, removed the power plug from the power supply, pressed the start button to deplete all power from motherboard. Reconnected the power supply plug, reinstalled BIOS and WIFI/Bluetooth were detected.

I think it’s best to install/upgrade Windows 10 with default BIOs settings, but I could be wrong.