cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help getting the most out of my Asus GT-AX11000

Veener79
Level 7
I just upgraded to a Asus GT-AX11000 in the last week, as my older Asus router was not liking my steaming and gaming all at once now that I cut the cord. I have a few questions so far about my router.

With it being a 3 band router and with having (1) 2.4GHZ and (2) 5GHZ is there a way to setup a log in for just the 2nd 5GHZ band? Right now I am have a single log in for both because I have many items on my network and I can't remember what ones support what for WIFI. My Xbox likes to change back and forth from the 2.4hz to the 5hz, and I would like for it to just stay on the 5hz.

Are there good places to find out how to get the most of this router? I have never had one that had so much in options.

Thanks for any help
2 REPLIES 2

chris_k
Level 8
Personally, I would disable smart connect and just set each network device up to whichever band you want that way they won't decide to change bands on you. Assuming you are talking about the system log, I don't know of a way to only log one band other than to turn the other bands off. You could turn on traffic analyzer depending on what it is you're looking for. A great place to get info is snb forums.

Lekkerlanglikke
Level 7
Just like Chris k said, never use smart connect.
And no, you can't make a login for only the 2x 5ghz. Here we use 1 5ghz on the first and the second on the second floor 🙂

The AX11000 has a lot of options. What I like are those AIProtection options. Ye, it will cost you some privacy but it will make things more save.
Also the Traffic Analyzer works very nice. Just turn it on and wait a couple of days.
I also use the USB connection with my external SSD to have a media server. I even use the FTP funtion as backup for my security camera's.