cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix 2080ti - Thermal Pad application on Pacific V-RTX 2080Ti Plus

Amroviper
Level 7
Hi, I purchased the Pacific V-RTX 2080Ti Plus for the Asus Strix and I have a question. After installing the block following the online instructions I noticed on some videos on YouTube that people are applying additional Thermal Pads to the areas highlighted in the pictures (I think VRMs)

Please advise if I should dismantle and install thermal pads in those locations or not.

Also are any thermal pads required on the back?

My last question is it possible to retain the Asus back plate or do I have to install the TT one?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

thomson1969
Level 8
Amroviper wrote:
Hi, I purchased the Pacific V-RTX 2080Ti Plus for the Asus Strix and I have a question. After installing the block following the online instructions I noticed on some videos on YouTube that people are applying additional Thermal Pads to the areas highlighted in the pictures (I think VRMs)

Please advise if I should dismantle and install thermal pads in those locations or not.

Also are any thermal pads required on the back?

My last question is it possible to retain the Asus back plate or do I have to install the TT one?

Thanks.

Those that you have marked orange is Chokes and there is no reason to put any themal pads on those.
If you look at the instruction manual the VRMs is placed where thermal pad B and C is applied.
It can help to cool if you apply thermal pads on the backplate if its made out of metal.
If the Asus backplate matches the waterblock then you can possible use it, if not use TT.

thomson1969 wrote:
Those that you have marked orange is Chokes and there is no reason to put any themal pads on those.
If you look at the instruction manual the VRMs is placed where thermal pad B and C is applied.
It can help to cool if you apply thermal pads on the backplate if its made out of metal.
If the Asus backplate matches the waterblock then you can possible use it, if not use TT.

Thanks.