cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g703 recovery

jyones
Level 9
After a failed windows update and an interrupted system restore, I have a unrecoverable system, I cant access the asus recovery routine to restore my machine back to factory. I have all files intact, esupport folder each of the 3 oem partitions etc. I know I can reinstall a fresh version of windows and use the contents of the esupport folder to recover, but I would like advice on how to recover the system to out-of-box asus default. For example advice on how i can access the recovery wim/esd/setup instructions to restore all partitions and files to outofbox
thanks
4 REPLIES 4

jyones
Level 9
I think there is something wrong with the partitions?

Clintlgm
Level 14
What ever you do back up that eSupport folder to another location.
Sounds like your beyond recovery so Clean install is your best way out. but have that eSupport folder ready to install drivers as you'll need it just about as soon as you get windows installed and running.

Once you get it running again get Macrium Reflect Free and create Images, next time you run into issues you just restore the most recient image before the issues started. It will save you from any windows issues in about 10 to 20 minutes here is how to use it
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

jyones
Level 9
thank you, that is excellent advice. thing is i'm trying to do what I did once before on an old asus G series and recreate the oem setup routine from files on drive cos I had a failed system restore. Its more of an exercise for me rather than an absolute need, i have esupport folder intact etc. I just like having the oobe handy

jyones
Level 9
Solution found by establishing exact factory build model from ReAgent.xml, fresh installing over existing partitions using iso of said build, restoring original files from partition backup overwriitng OS and RECOVERY but not EFI, then initiating an f9 reset on the very next boot. It seems noone cares or is interested anyways to help me in the first place so I wont bother explaining in any more details than this