Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)PVR416G413C9K @ 3600 14-15-14-28 CR1
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

Stuff like your dealing with either send you insane or give you a smirk a few days latter after you sure it has gone.

Hopeful we get somewhere with this soon (away from insanity) !

New ROGer Array

Yes, this all very frustrating indeed.
    Finished last "night" off with a tall glass serving of brazilian schnaps -- they're meant for shots.

starting today, I think I covered all power options from within windows already. Gave up on most recommendations I was reading, which were leading me to have a idiotic power plan, WITH hibernate and fast boot turned on. I'm back on a (windows) high perf plan, hibernate off, and the other custom options I don't believe matter much anyway.

Now i'm focusing more on services, and i believe it was very easy and quick to dismiss any shenanigans coming from them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maximum debloat.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	82221

That was a normal startup, with everything disabled, and right after that I performed a diagnostics startup, which I am sure took even longer.

I'll go back to investigate bios options, because even though the event viewer for boot degradation is filling up way above the norm, I'm wondering if the problem isn't on a layer below windows. My ubuntu boot is perfectly normal btw. Yes, those are contradictory statements. Yeah, I know, f*ck this sh*t.
    (edit: it wasn't that bad, actually. 81 listed events. Considering I restarted, rebooted several times since my last review of this, which was on 60 events, I don't believe it's that bad. Especially on a system with very obvious loading problems, I mean, that's precisely why I'm here after all...)
    Last edited by madamaou; 10-02-2019 at 11:07 PM.

New ROGer Array

here's the drive in which the OS is installed.
    Fresh benchmark, from the samsung magician app.
    Just for comparison's sake.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comparison.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	82222

Everything thus far:
    - A fresh windows 10 install (Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Installed on 10/01/2019 (october 1st), OS build 18362.387)
    bios rolled back to 2501
    - all drivers dodeca checked as new, and or best (using snappy driver software)
    and I always ran a lean startup, I do use AI Suite for the fan controls though (ez update service killed off with 'autoruns', because f*ck that piece of crap). Apart from that, which I agree agree is kinda bloaty, I usually don't have steam/gog and stuff like that on auto startup. Anyway, They're not even reinstalled yet.
    - Cold boots were fixed for a short period, don't know how or exactly why they reversed (I know when though, right after I reapplied my OC, but even rolling back optimized defaults and then clearing cmos, it remained bad)
    - restarts and shutdowns always problematic throughout this entire ordeal, restarts at the 1m20s or thereabouts, shutdown+post+loading around 3 minutes
    - last week all of this was still sub 10 seconds

gonna try to edit this post, been having captcha issues, which by seeing the thread about it (to which I also wasn't able to reply) I'm assuming it's not just me.
    anyway I fixed the issue:
    fixed it
    downloaded https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/down....aspx?id=39982 and installed the windows boot performance analyzer and there I could find that volsnap (vss- volume shadow copy) and acpi were taking substancial pre-init times.
    Then, https://wiki.sep.de/wiki/index.php/T...ting_Guide#VSS redoing the msslldp security permissions portions of that guide resolved the issue.
    Last edited by madamaou; 10-07-2019 at 12:49 PM.

New ROGer Array

Debian linux is working amazingly fast and flowlessly, But after I install Ubuntu based distribution (mint linux)

I can feel my motherboard ruined, slow and trouble.

When I was install ubuntu, it asked me to make insecure boot enabled, after that it ruined all my firmware, that is not recovered by bios flashing.

After that ruinning, PC runs well only with ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by madamaou View Post
    Cleared CMOS and now cold boots are fine. Windows logo, or spinning circle, doesn't even show up, straight into the user splash screen.
    But restarts are still atrocious (along with shutdown time).
    Tested 3 times in a row, each.

edit: rebooting from ubuntu into windows is also almost instant. Felt Like switching channels.
    Last edited by photon0; 10-23-2019 at 04:36 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Honestly 29 seconds really inst unreasonable. Hows it performing after boot?
    My X299 on an intel 905P takes probably 20 seconds. Id say leave it alone and let it do its thing. Get the updates and let her rip. I always seem to shave a few seconds a few days after a fresh install. Not like a laptop. A lot of things going on between the power switch and getting to desk top. How long does it take to get past the ASUS logo screen? Dont start your windows boot timer until you see the dots going in a circle. Before that its BIOS initialization. Hate to see you chasing the wrong thing or nothing at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2