cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help> SPECIFIC/PER CORE Overclocking PROBLEM

Caipirinha
Level 8
Hello there folks i hope someone can help me with this :

when i set my cpu ratio setting to > * By Specific core * on cpu ratio setting in bios i face 2 big and weird problems :

first one is that i want one of the cores (in my case its core#2) which is my hottest core to be set to Lower ratio so i can push lower voltage on it so it will cool down but ANYTHING i set blow 1.2v for it even on 3.0 ratio is unstable even when i set its Ratio to 30 and give it voltages like 1.1v to 1.16v (which are stable voltages for even 4.4ghz on my cpu when i use Sync all cores option) WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?:O

another problem i have here is that i have set for example 4 of the cores to 4.7 and the rest of the cores to 4.6 BUT in windows when i run any test or any program all cores boost to 4.7 on loads but i only want 4 of them to work on 4.7 not all of them whats the heck is all these weird issues that I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE OR HEARD OF ?

is all of these bios bug or something else?

my system specs are in my sig and user spec info

look at this shot from hwinfo64

EXTRA INFOS: currently i have disabled the hottest core (Core#2) in bios and its working on 7cores instead of 8cores for now

my current bios is 1503 and the voltages and ratios that im talking about have been tested and been used for 1+ year and are stable settings when i use SYNC ALL CORES
just this *specific Core* option is the only mess and problem here

UPDATE:
Enabled C-STATE in bios to get it working on per core overclock
_______i7 7820X
________RAMPAGE VI APEX
_________G.SKILL 4x8 @3733 16
__________MSI 1080ti LIGHTNING Z ||O'\\\\'O'////'O_|
___________Intel 750 PCIE SSD
____________Corsair AX1500i
_____________Corsair Obsidian 900D
_______________Corsair H150i Pro 360 AIO
24 REPLIES 24

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Some of the newer hwinfo versions read blk/ pci-e & bus clocks weird so go beck to say 6.08.3830 and see what it shows

Make sure cpu strap is on 100 not 125 or auto do the same for memory black

Your cache is way too high 30-32 are max and even 32 might need a manual voltage of 1.18v and still not stable usually only good for benchmarks not 24/ 7 usage.

Also unless you go manual voltage, adaptive or even offset will be ignored at ehatever you set these to be
Some and even I have used negative offset but it's unreliable on cold start up or even restart to bsod as overclock failed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThrashZone wrote:
Hi,
Some of the newer hwinfo versions read blk/ pci-e & bus clocks weird so go beck to say 6.08.3830 and see what it shows

Make sure cpu strap is on 100 not 125 or auto do the same for memory black

Your cache is way too high 30-32 are max and even 32 might need a manual voltage of 1.18v and still not stable usually only good for benchmarks not 24/ 7 usage.

Also unless you go manual voltage, adaptive or even offset will be ignored at ehatever you set these to be
Some and even I have used negative offset but it's unreliable on cold start up or even restart to bsod as overclock failed.

hi mate
i will check hwinfo thing you mentioned and i will check in other monitoring softwares also now and will report back
BUT
the cpu strap and memories are all ok and my cache @3.3 is already full stable using and full testing it for 1 year and it never failed @1.14v 3.3

should cpu voltage at main extreme tweaker page be set on AUTO or MANUAL MODE when im using specific core ratio ?? (because i set each cores voltage next to it in specific core settings)

do i need to use offsets when im using spicific core option ? i mean im sure about the voltages that im pushing they are full stable the only problem here is this WEIRD BEHAVIOURS that i explained
_______i7 7820X
________RAMPAGE VI APEX

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Yes main ai tweaker core voltages should be on auto

Specific core page is where you set each cores voltage/ multiplier.

Cache wise okay you'd be the first to be stable at that cache setting and voltage for that matter
Rule number one is core clock stability first
Then cache or memory then the other.

Quite a few missing bios for apex on download page
I just got an apex and 1705 seems good had to have it anyway for 9940x
!902 seems like crap frankly I have it on bios 2 and it acts weird just pressing the power button I'd frankly not bother with it and do 1705.

But clearly on your voltages image bus/ pci-e and I expect uncore is spiking it shows max at 101.4 I believe that's why clocks are read at more than they are set too same goes for cache clock
This alone could lead to instability
Try it with hwinfo not open at all as you say with something else like hwmonitor.

Edit also what is your vrm temps during all this ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Caipirinha
Level 8
wow good point you mentioned about bus clock and pcie clock goes to 101.4 from 100.0 why is that happening ? is this becasue i have set everything in DIGI+ page to extreme and LLD to level 8 and cpu current capability to 200% ? i will send shots from my bios setting for you now
is that 101.4 causing the extra ferequency ?? thanks for pointing that out lets see whats going on heree stay with me please thanks
_______i7 7820X
________RAMPAGE VI APEX

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Bios shots aren't necessary

Just install older hwinfo
Right click the hwinfo icon on action center and select settings
Safety section Uncheck Periodic poling on the bottom left/ save.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThrashZone wrote:
Hi,
Bios shots aren't necessary

Just install older hwinfo
Right click the hwinfo icon on action center and select settings
Safety section Uncheck Periodic poling on the bottom left/ save.

does that help with over ferequency applying ?
_______i7 7820X
________RAMPAGE VI APEX

Caipirinha
Level 8
i havent tried bios 1705 and 1902 yet and im on 1503 is the most stable for me and quite before this i tried 1602 and it was freezing for me but thats another story....

and about cache thing i have to say that iv seen people with even lower voltage than me and some golden ones could hit more than me like 3.5 i dont know but im stable with 3.3 on games and couple of stress tests dont know but we will talk about it later.....

and yes im sure about my memory stability and cache and core voltages
_______i7 7820X
________RAMPAGE VI APEX

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
According to hwinfo developer is what he suggested
Still I rolled back to the version I posted and the issue doesn't happen anymore.

LLC 8 is a tad high you might lower it to 6 or so
Core vDroop is a good thing 😄

Input voltage max I usually shoot for is 1.95v just saying.

Only useful screens are hwinfo need more though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i have also disabled and hide many sensors in my hwinfo already 2 dasy ago that i installed a fresh win10 and drivers so shiit i think i ahve to role most of them back it affects system latency and i dont like it but now we need them lol
_______i7 7820X
________RAMPAGE VI APEX