cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OEM or Up-to-date Graphics Driver: Which one should I use?

talhak
Level 7
As a new owner of G731GW (ROG Strix Scar III) who experiences issues with the graphics (as I have already posted here), I'd like to get your recommendation on installing graphics drivers including the integrated and dedicated one. So, which graphic driver should I use? Does the one Asus provide through MyASUS app or the one provided by Windows Update & GPU-specific apps (i.e. GeForce Experience for Nvidia)?
4 REPLIES 4

jdfrench3
Level 12
Install Gefroce Experience and upgrade drivers from there.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Clintlgm
Level 14
talhak wrote:
As a new owner of G731GW (ROG Strix Scar III) who experiences issues with the graphics (as I have already posted here), I'd like to get your recommendation on installing graphics drivers including the integrated and dedicated one. So, which graphic driver should I use? Does the one Asus provide through MyASUS app or the one provided by Windows Update & GPU-specific apps (i.e. GeForce Experience for Nvidia)?

I usually download the latest from Nivdia directly. and I do not install G force experience I prefer to go get the latest myself, the site also has older driver available that you can try. Always do a custom install and select clean install. You can try different version of the Nvidia drivers to find one that works for you. seldom will the windows native driver work well in gaming notebooks
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Can you also do everything in Experience macen clean install etc as with a direct download from the homepage.why should you look for a driver where another tool already looks for me that .

Talhak it doesn't matter what you use both things comes out the same whether you use expererience or directly make main thing a driver
I7 4960x /Asus Rampage 4 Extreme /32GB Ram Dominator Platinum 2133 MHZ/
Asus GTX780 DC2OC Tri SLI/ Costum watercooling AX1200i self cable sleeved white /Samsung 250 SSD/
Corsair 750d /FONT]

I prefer updating drivers online from Windows device manager for my ROG G731GW laptop to keep the system less bloated.