New ROGer Array

Question OEM or Up-to-date Graphics Driver: Which one should I use?

As a new owner of G731GW (ROG Strix Scar III) who experiences issues with the graphics (as I have already posted here), I'd like to get your recommendation on installing graphics drivers including the integrated and dedicated one. So, which graphic driver should I use? Does the one Asus provide through MyASUS app or the one provided by Windows Update & GPU-specific apps (i.e. GeForce Experience for Nvidia)?
    Last edited by talhak; 10-01-2019 at 11:21 PM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Install Gefroce Experience and upgrade drivers from there.
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by talhak View Post
    As a new owner of G731GW (ROG Strix Scar III) who experiences issues with the graphics (as I have already posted here), I'd like to get your recommendation on installing graphics drivers including the integrated and dedicated one. So, which graphic driver should I use? Does the one Asus provide through MyASUS app or the one provided by Windows Update & GPU-specific apps (i.e. GeForce Experience for Nvidia)?
    I usually download the latest from Nivdia directly. and I do not install G force experience I prefer to go get the latest myself, the site also has older driver available that you can try. Always do a custom install and select clean install. You can try different version of the Nvidia drivers to find one that works for you. seldom will the windows native driver work well in gaming notebooks
    Last edited by Clintlgm; 10-02-2019 at 04:17 AM.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Enthusiast Array

Can you also do everything in Experience macen clean install etc as with a direct download from the homepage.why should you look for a driver where another tool already looks for me that .

Talhak it doesn't matter what you use both things comes out the same whether you use expererience or directly make main thing a driver
    [FONT=Impact]I7 4960x /Asus Rampage 4 Extreme /32GB Ram Dominator Platinum 2133 MHZ/
    Asus GTX780 DC2OC Tri SLI/ Costum watercooling AX1200i self cable sleeved white /Samsung 250 SSD/
    Corsair 750d /FONT]