cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Ryuo 240 - OLED Freezes when trying to switch 180 degree (Armoury Crate)

bbqporkk
Level 7
Hello, I just bought a new Asus ROG Ryuo 240
Have it set up so that the hoses exit from the left, making the default OLED screen upside down.
Installed Armoury Crate from the Asus product page and installed all updates.
Everything works, even custom gif. However, when I try to switch it 180, the OLED and all the pump LED freezes.
Reboot will not unfreeze, and I must shutdown and unplug the power cable for a few seconds.

Currently, I am editing upside down gif to import so that they are rightside up on the OLED.
However, if I want to use the temp, voltage indicator, it will be upside down.

Is this a bug in the Armoury Crate?
Will an update fix be coming?

Regards,

Kin Mak
6 REPLIES 6

_Prophet_
Level 8
bbqporkk wrote:
Hello, I just bought a new Asus ROG Ryuo 240
Have it set up so that the hoses exit from the left, making the default OLED screen upside down.
Installed Armoury Crate from the Asus product page and installed all updates.
Everything works, even custom gif. However, when I try to switch it 180, the OLED and all the pump LED freezes.
Reboot will not unfreeze, and I must shutdown and unplug the power cable for a few seconds.

Currently, I am editing upside down gif to import so that they are rightside up on the OLED.
However, if I want to use the temp, voltage indicator, it will be upside down.

Is this a bug in the Armoury Crate?
Will an update fix be coming?

Regards,

Kin Mak

I have had the same problem since they launched Armoury Crate.

It's insane how man problems I have had with ASUS software. I have had to format my hard drive twice because I could not uninstall, update, or reinstall their software. This does not even mention the number of problems I have had with the RYUO 240 and Live Dash/Armoury Crate. It's been a year since release, ASUS; get it together.

Rx7Jordan
Level 8
I have the same issue..very irritating. I did find a workaround.. after it freezes the whole thing becomes corrupted so only way to unfreeze it is to reflash the firmware update. Also I found a download link to live dash standalone which allowed me to rotate it 180 degrees without freezing so I have live dash and armory crate installed. The CPU temp doesn't seem to stick on reboot either until I open armory crate.

I have the same problem, but with the ryuo 120 (I have a mini itx pc)... The only fix I've found is to do what you mentioned, which is power down system, and unplug the power cable... This shouldn't be happening since it is literally a basic function of the OLED screen... What a bummer. Mind sending me that standalone version of LiveDash if possible?

Rx7Jordan wrote:
I have the same issue..very irritating. I did find a workaround.. after it freezes the whole thing becomes corrupted so only way to unfreeze it is to reflash the firmware update. Also I found a download link to live dash standalone which allowed me to rotate it 180 degrees without freezing so I have live dash and armory crate installed. The CPU temp doesn't seem to stick on reboot either until I open armory crate.

Don't install LiveDash with Armoury Crate as a workaround for this. If you do, you will never be able to update your ASUS Ryuo 240 again through Armoury Crate unless you format your hard drive and reinstall windows.

I tried the workaround a while ago, and it works, but lighting control would get messed up all the time, and I could never update the RYUO 240 through Armoury Crate after.

Asus needs to fix their ****.

Abido
Level 7
I have this annoying problem as well but with ASUS ROG Ryujin 360.
After paying for 3000$ worth of ASUS products for my build, it is super annoying that this problem is ruining the entire experience.

Abido wrote:
I have this annoying problem as well but with ASUS ROG Ryujin 360...

Hello , Asus made an fix, so some glitch shloud be fix 🙂 I am happy with Ryujin again not with rotation but Oled starts to show what it should be 🙂
And there is also new version of Armoury Crate, so get it....

See pic :