cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ROG Spatha overheated nearly starting fire

grifter101
Level 7
I've had the spatha for almost 2 years now and today it overheated, causing burnt smell all over the house. I went to walk the dog after I open my pc for a couple of minutes, I left the spatha on its dock switch turned off so that its fully charged when I return, to my surprise when I got back, I smelled a burning plastic and electronics inside the house, I thought that it was coming from outside. When I returned to my desk I noticed that the spatha is deformed and when I touched it, it felt really hot. I saw something melting inside it and dropping slowly. I immediately brought it outside the house as it's almost burning.

Reading so many issues with this mouse makes me wonder what actions does ASUS do about it? It almost causes fire and I think I would not buy another one like it. I'm attaching the photos I've took awhile ago. To those who have this mouse be careful when using the wireless feature. And always check the battery. As it might be the culprit on my Spatha.
5 REPLIES 5

grifter101
Level 7
here's an update. I tried to open the mouse to see what happened. and here it is.

mdzcpa
Level 12
Wow! Not good. Pretty scary for a device you should be able to leave unattended.

grifter101
Level 7
Yeah, that's my concern also. Who would've imagine that a simple mouse might cost you your entire house due to fire.

Marco1971
Level 7
Hi all, very risky phenomenon.

Marco1971

xplode
Level 7
There is nothing inside which can overheat except the battery, which IMO is the reason of the melted plastic. Something went wrong with your battery. Did you left the mouse to charge when this happened ?