ROG Junior Member Array

Question R6E - Can not get DIMM.2 drives to show in windows.

So I have a 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 installed on my motherboard for my Boot/OS drive and that has been working fine for me for over a year now.
    I just bought two 2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2's and installed them onto the DIMM.2 card an onto the motherboard.
    I enabled the DIMM.2 slot in the bios and checked the RAID setting and they show up in there, however it say's they are unsupported for raid?
    Also if I go into Disk Management in windows, I do not see either of the drives installed into the DIMM.2.

Am I missing something here? I am on the most recent BIOS version and I have looked up other people asking the same-ish questions and I can not find a solution.

I have a single GTX 1080Ti and an ElGato 4k60 Capture Card in the 4X slot on the motherboard. I have tried removing the capture card to see if that changes anything but no luck.

First I want them to show up and second, I would really like to raid them into a single partition.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Edit: I can get one of the two new 970 Evo Plus M.2's to show up if I change from CPU to PCH.
    Last edited by Monty4G63; 10-31-2019 at 10:41 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Monty4G63 View Post
    So I have a 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 installed on my motherboard for my Boot/OS drive and that has been working fine for me for over a year now.
    I just bought two 2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2's and installed them onto the DIMM.2 card an onto the motherboard.
    I enabled the DIMM.2 slot in the bios and checked the RAID setting and they show up in there, however it say's they are unsupported for raid?
    Also if I go into Disk Management in windows, I do not see either of the drives installed into the DIMM.2.

Am I missing something here? I am on the most recent BIOS version and I have looked up other people asking the same-ish questions and I can not find a solution.

I have a single GTX 1080Ti and an ElGato 4k60 Capture Card in the 4X slot on the motherboard. I have tried removing the capture card to see if that changes anything but no luck.

First I want them to show up and second, I would really like to raid them into a single partition.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Edit: I can get one of the two new 970 Evo Plus M.2's to show up if I change from CPU to PCH.
    I'm running 2 960 Pro's in the DIMM 2 slot with no issues. They are configured as individual drives and not RAID though. Try installing one at a time as a regular drive to see if Windows recognizes it. Make sure they are seated properly (which they probably are if they are seen in the BIOS). What BIOS are you running? Version 1503 worked best for me so that is what I'm staying with.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Homewrecker View Post
    I'm running 2 960 Pro's in the DIMM 2 slot with no issues. They are configured as individual drives and not RAID though. Try installing one at a time as a regular drive to see if Windows recognizes it. Make sure they are seated properly (which they probably are if they are seen in the BIOS). What BIOS are you running? Version 1503 worked best for me so that is what I'm staying with.
    I am on Bios Version 2002. I have tried reseating both drives and the DIMM.2 multiple times now and I am not having any luck.

ROG Junior Member Array

Okay so I have finally gotten all drives to show up in both bios and Windows. Seems that selecting to use PCH over CPU and selecting Disable for PCIEX8_4 made it so they now show up. I guess the drives are not supported in CPU mode?

So now at least I can find them, only issue is I can't seem to raid them, when I go to raid it see's only one of the 970 Evo Plus' and the 960 Pro. The 960 Pro has my OS and all of my data on it so I don't want to mess with that.

New dilemma: Is there a way I can get these two cards on the DIMM.2 to raid or will I have to play musical chairs with my OS drive?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array G75rog PC Specs
    G75rog PC Specs
    MotherboardR VI Apex
    ProcessorI9-7900X
    Memory (part number)64GB Gskill Trident Z
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII EKWB water block
    Graphics Card #2Waste of PCI lanes in NVME environment
    Sound CardStock
    MonitorLG 34" Ultra Wide3440x1440
    Storage #14ea 960 Pro 2TB, 2ea 970 Evo 2TB
    Storage #21ea 960 Pro 1 TB, 1ea 970 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerEKWB CPU, Swiftech Res/pump, 400mm Rad