cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armory Crate and Driver Versions

Super_Gnome
Level 11
The need for a new driver, the driver numbers versions information from Armory Crate and Intel Driver & Support Assistance are completely at odds about drivers in my system, which features an ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega motherboard. For example, Armory Crate relates that the "Intel Wi-Fi Driver" is "Outdated" with the Latest Version as 20.110.0.3, the Current Version as 20.90.0.7, while the Intel Driver & Support Assistant relates that all drivers are indeed up to date and that "No software updates are available," saying Intel Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz" has the Driver Version installed as 21.30.3.2. Regarding Intel Ethernet, Armory Crate also relates that the "Latest version" is 12.17.10.7, relating the "Current version" as "N/A," which Intel is completely at odds with. Intel Driver & Support Assistant relates that there is no newer version available, saying my system has 12.17.10.8 installed, which is indeed the newest driver version.

In a nutshell, Intel updater says my networking drivers are up to date. Armory Crate says they are not. Also, they say different drivers are installed, and Intel seems to be correct. Armory Crate is point blank wrong.

To go into more detail as above, let me continue.

First off, does anyone know what Armory Crate "Latest version" is versus what "Current version" is? I mean, semantically speaking, the word "latest" means virtually the same this as "current." So which one is the one actually in your system (according to Armory Crate that is)?? I'm guessing the "Current version" is the one Armory Crate incorrectly says is installed in your system (but in my case this information, is simply wrong!!!)

Second, is Armory Crate just a worthless heap of garbage software that does nothing but confuse everyone and does it simply provide incorrect info you should ignore? Or is Intel software wrong about drivers? It has to be one or the other (or both). Has anyone else worked through this?
0 REPLIES 0