cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix for Aur Sync anyone have one?

Belezeebub
Level 7
I have a ROG Rampage VI Extreme I switched from my MSI X299 Ack M7 because I wanted something that had an ARGB header (my MSI worked FLAWLESSLY)
I have tried three different versions of the aura Sync
Lighting_Control_1.07.60, 1.07.66 and 1.07.71
I removed each version, removed the profile files, removed all the little bits of software left behind rebooted my computer between each install and all three have the same error.
AuraService is currently Unavailable. Please close aura and check if AuraSync is installed and started properly.
I tried uninstalling and using a registry cleaned before rebooting and reinstalling. Again, the same error.
I tried a fix for fully draining the power from the motherboard, unplugged my computer from the wall, pulled the battery left it for twenty minutes then before plugging it back in I hit the power button a few times.
I tried updating the bios.
Nothing worked, I am about ready to frisbee the board at the window and go back to my MSI.

At no time have I had a service called AuraService. There is a service called LightingService.exe
I even tried drilling into the installer and running all the commands manually Atkex ComSvc, the AX.ins, AuraServiceSetup and finely the software again no luck.
4 REPLIES 4

Re
Level 10
Does this Board has Armoury Crate Support? Can you look into your bios?

Re@per wrote:
Does this Board has Armoury Crate Support? Can you look into your bios?

I don't think I have seen that setting I can look for it when I get home, I don't think I have ever heard of that setting a few google searches I havn't installed that software yet.

Plan3tCrack3r
Level 8
I was having the same problem recently (it worked fine before installing AI Suite 3, more problems there) and uninstalling Aura, the two linked RGB RAM apps (Patriot Viper RGB and Galax Gamer RGB) and using CCleaner to remove Aura registry items kept giving me the same message. The following thread added a step that got Aura running again, deleting the LightingService folder from Program Files(x86) folder.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?109214-Aura-Sync-crashes-at-start-up#post780560

I am back running 1.07.71 to control my ROG STRIX X470-F lighting and two Phanteks aRGB strips. My Corsair RGB Pro memory isn't seen by Aura, although its is supposed to be controllable in this version of Aura per release notes, but I use other Corsair RGB products in this case so iCUE is the better fit although the two RGB softwares are not in sync.
X470-F, 2700X, 5700 XT Nitro+, 970 EVO, LanCool 2 Mesh Performance, H115i Pro, 16GB3000C14, TT650W Gold

Plan3tCrack3r wrote:
I was having the same problem recently (it worked fine before installing AI Suite 3, more problems there) and uninstalling Aura, the two linked RGB RAM apps (Patriot Viper RGB and Galax Gamer RGB) and using CCleaner to remove Aura registry items kept giving me the same message. The following thread added a step that got Aura running again, deleting the LightingService folder from Program Files(x86) folder.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?109214-Aura-Sync-crashes-at-start-up#post780560

I am back running 1.07.71 to control my ROG STRIX X470-F lighting and two Phanteks aRGB strips. My Corsair RGB Pro memory isn't seen by Aura, although its is supposed to be controllable in this version of Aura per release notes, but I use other Corsair RGB products in this case so iCUE is the better fit although the two RGB softwares are not in sync.

Found that post before I made mine and I tried that fix with no luck but thank you for trying. I know a MB that is about be uploaded to Frisbee