cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turns On But Not Booting

memetic
Level 7
Hi,

I can no longer boot. When I push the start button, the machine turns on and gives a Q Code "00" and does nothing else. After trying this many times, I left the machine unplugged for a few hours, and tried again; the machine started and ran through the Q Codes like normal, but then shut off before loading Windows, then back on and to the "00" again.

Eventually, I took the entire machine apart, cleaned everything, and put it back together again. Still, the same problem. Boots to Q Code "00" and hangs.

Please help ,

Thank you!
9 REPLIES 9

BigJohnny
Level 13
Did you reseat the CPU?
Only 3 possibilities.
CPU, PSU not giving enough power or MOBO.

memetic
Level 7
Yes. I took the *entire* machine apart, cleaned, reassembled. I guess my next option is to try another PSU.

How long is the warranty good?

memetic
Level 7
I took the PC to a very good repair shop. The mobo is toast. What a shame. I don't know what went wrong, but this is ridiculous. I take very good care of my computers. This was NOT a user-end fault for sure.

RedSector73
Level 12
00 code isn't used.... turn off the power, remove the cmos battery for at least 30 seconds, then replace and plug in and turn on.... still an issue try replacing cmos battery.

Still an issue., you could also try doing update to the bios by USB FlashBack.

If you can't clear 00 code I would suspect the three items mentioned above, the motherboard itself, the PSU or the CPU.

raju2529
Level 7
reset the cmos battery. or replace with new battery
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

memetic
Level 7
Thanks guys. I reset the CMOS and changed the battery and still had the same problem. I need this machine for work, so I bought a brand new Edition 10 board and migrated everything to it. Had a bunch of issues though. Biggest problem now, is one stick of RAM is not being recognized. Ordering new RAM.

I'm going to send the board to ASUS and have them check it out. Hopefully, it is some small repair job they can do. The problem is I live in Brazil and nothing works here.

I've been building PCs for at least 20 years. I never had so many problems with a computer before.

Thanks again!

raju2529
Level 7
daul sided ram or single sided ram.
all memory soldered in only one side is called single sided ram
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101472-How-to-fix-CPU-CODE-00

raju2529
Level 7
see the solution on this page
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101472-How-to-fix-CPU-CODE-00