cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS RTX 2070 ROG Strix 8gb clock speed.

r3vange1990
Level 7
Hello wonderful people. I've been having a love/hate relationship with an ROG RTX 2070, love because I love the performance, hate because in in the 5 months that I own it I've already gotten one repair and two replacements. Now the latest replacement is in my PC, and after monitoring it for a while I've noticed something unusual. I have not done any overclocking but in high load (95%-100%) when playing Control (RTX on) the hardware monitor reads the Core Glock at 1980MHz. Ive done some research and everyone it says that the card should have an out of the box turbo clock at 1815MHz. Is this normal and if it is what is it that I don't understand in the cards workings. The GPU holds a stable 64 degrees C, so I am not worried about any overheating. I am just worried that the extra clock speed could result in yet another malfunction and replacement. Again I have not done any overclocking on my machine, I just got it out of the box and plugged it in.

My system specs are as follows:

Asus H170 Pro Gaming motherboard
i7-6700k
32 Gigs DDR4
ASUS RTX 2070 ROG Strix 8gb

Here's a pic of it in MSI Afterburner ( I know sacrilege) in Witcher 3, again having a clock higher than advertised without any OC done.

0 REPLIES 0