cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO(Wi-Fi) won't boot

Goran_Bosnjak
Level 7
I today got mine MAXIMUS XI HERO for my i9 9900k and when started it it told me there is no CPU fan installed(I am using watercooling kit) and then it just shut itself down. Now I can't get it posted.I am getting q code 45. I try'd switching sticks(even used one by one and different ones from another PC).Bios debug goes to 45 then 00 and PC shut itself down(that is with one stock;when using 2 sticks it get to code 35 and shut ustself down). Please can some1 help
3 REPLIES 3

Pmdureska
Level 7
Goran Bosnjak wrote:
I today got mine MAXIMUS XI HERO for my i9 9900k and when started it it told me there is no CPU fan installed(I am using watercooling kit) and then it just shut itself down. Now I can't get it posted.I am getting q code 45. I try'd switching sticks(even used one by one and different ones from another PC).Bios debug goes to 45 then 00 and PC shut itself down(that is with one stock;when using 2 sticks it get to code 35 and shut ustself down). Please can some1 help

did you connect the watercooler to the cpu fan header or the watercooler header. I think years ago when I built using a water cooler I got an error that corrected when I connected the water cooler fans to to cpu fan header not the water cooler header.

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
You connect the pump to the W_Pump header and the fans to the CPU_FAN (and CPU_OPT), at worst if you let the fans be powered by the pump/supplied controller, you should be able to disable the CPU fan warning in the bios.

Goran_Bosnjak
Level 7
Solved problem. It is funny as hell I just replaced position od
F 2x8 pin GPU power cables and it works just fine