Nirneath
Level 7
Here you go, new pictures from all angles 🙂

Last picture is a G74 for comparison... It seems like G75 is thinner, not bad^^

Here you have G74:
124 REPLIES 124

rmcsc
Level 7
Holy crap! It's just so... thin... and beautiful!

It's a good thing it's not really worth it to upgrade to it.

rmcsc wrote:
Holy crap! It's just so... thin... and beautiful!

It's a good thing it's not really worth it to upgrade to it.

The weight was decreased and it has also a small upgrade.... it does worth the upgrade, let's see the price now...
Your lack of skills it's just depressing!

Boosted_R
Level 8
cooling looks like it wont be as good as the G74, considering its smaller, so that bios might throttle like no tomorrow......... looks good though (aesthetic wise)... they should have put dedicated media/email (fn gets irritating sometimes) keys between the numpad and keyboard.
GL702VSK / GTX 1070 / M.2 960 EVO

HTPC MINI-ITX / FRACTAL CORE 500 / GIGABYTE GA-AB350N / GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC 4G / RYZEN 5 1600 3.9GHz / M.2 960 EVO / G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 3200MHz
OLD
ASUS G74SX-XC1 / INTEL 7260 AC / Samsung 850 PRO / TUNIQ TX-4 / BIOS 203 / 335.23

zsld0423
Level 9
So it looks like it'll have 4 USB3.0 ports? Kinda nice, but I'm fine with the 1 that I have on my G74 lol. I do kinda like that it's thinner, but like Boosted_R said, I don't think the cooling will be as great as the G74. The only thing that the G75 has that I want is a NumLock key =P
Sager NP9370
256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 750GB 7200RPM Secondary HDD
nVidia GeForce GTX 680M 4GB VRAM
Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.40GHz
16GB RAM
Mouse: MadCatz R.A.T. 7
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror
Additional Monitors: 24" 1080p Insignia LED/LCD TV and 21" Acer LCD Monitor
Windows 7 Ultimate

Nirneath
Level 7
zsld0423 wrote:
So it looks like it'll have 4 USB3.0 ports? Kinda nice, but I'm fine with the 1 that I have on my G74 lol. I do kinda like that it's thinner, but like Boosted_R said, I don't think the cooling will be as great as the G74. The only thing that the G75 has that I want is a NumLock key =P

Why would the cooling be worse for G75? It has huge exhaust vents and the fans can be removed/cleaned. By having the case more compact, shouldn't it be easier for the fans to push out the hot air?

I mean, by having a smaller area to work at, the fans should more efficiently cool the different parts?

Here is a better picture of the vents...

Doan
Level 8
Someone buy this and sell me your numlock key w/ functionality.
Hi, I'm Dan.

fuzon1337
Level 10
@Doan
Someone will buy this since it looks like Asus have been working on to make it thinner then G73/74 models, and then look more atractive for the buyers 😉

But I think that they will not join this forum just to tell you that the numlock key works as it should, so you will have to wait for one of the admins here to take a peak look at it and give a full review about this new beast 🙂

@Nirneath
I think that the cooling system will be either as good as the G74 or a little better. I can not image that this would be worse then the G74 model or the G73. But to be sure about that, we would have to wait until it comes a completely review and see what the reviewer thinks 🙂
I cant wait until it's on the market, but if the G75 comes with the Intel Ivy Bridge processor, then it won't be released before june 😞
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
I cant wait until it's on the market, but if the G75 comes with the Intel Ivy Bridge processor, then it won't be released before june 😞

most probably this laptop will be released at LA Games Conference April 23-24.
Your lack of skills it's just depressing!

ColonelS
Level 9
HQ better send me one!!
Click ->Republic of Gamers<- official Facebook page