cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY Battery replacement

Luke_Fitzpatric
Level 7

[/HR]
Daily driven G since 2015, pushed to max as an architects office tool and weekend gaming rig, replaced this Summer and sent to the retirement home under the bed barely able to remember its own name.

Thing doesn't hold a charge, 0% battery safety sleeps at random, assuming its time to put in new lithium but thought best ask you good folks and the wealth of knowledge this place has become (If battery replacement doesn't work I'll replace the charger too).

- Any place left to pick up an OEM or is Amazon Chinese the only options left today?
- Looking at an 7xinbox 15V 88Wh A42N1403, any China knockoffs I should be looking for / avoiding?
- Anything obvious I'm missing beyond a straight forward battery swap?

Cheers everyone :cool:
Ray
5 REPLIES 5

jdfrench3
Level 12
I use Newegg which in-turn has BattPit for laptop batteries I have personally purchased several batteries from them over the last couple years. Every battery purchases has worked very well. I recommend.

https://www.newegg.com/p/16J-006B-11GN2?Description=asus%20g751jy%20battery&cm_re=asus_g751jy_batter...

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

BigJohnny
Level 13
Lots of options. just seach G751JY battery.

Luke_Fitzpatric
Level 7
Hey thanks for getting back to me. Last Q - Any difference on the 66wh and 88wh battery size options? (Apart from the wattage)
Appreciated.

If you are going to use your laptop on battery daily, then get the larger battery, but if you use your laptop with the charging brick plugged into the wall all the time, then get the smaller one.

Bye the way, you might want to replace your charging brick. I swap mine out every 4-5 years.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Luke_Fitzpatric
Level 7
Having a clear out and just found my old Asus P5GDC Deluxe mobo and an 8800 gtx at the back of the shed. Thinking I can finally afford to upgrade it to 4gb of ddr2 and play back through Crysis.

You've been spectacular help folks, its very much appreciated.
Cheers lovelies.